There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Great experience in an ever changing environment

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Exposed to many high level projects, good benefits and in certain areas a very responsive management team. Salary isn't great but plenty of opportunity for upward mobility if you demonstrate that you can handle the ever changing landscape.

Cons

Some management teams are uncooperative. This makes it very difficult to complete certain projects and it makes one feel as if teamwork doesn't exist within the company. Salary is way below industry standard and a lot is expected from one person without the appropriate support.
Communication is poor from corporate, too many projects and initiatives that are not shared and employees find out from reading the trade publications.

Work on transparency in regards to the direction of the company, not to say give out your strategic plans because I understand that is on a need to know basis. However, if you know something will become public then make sure that you communicate with the employee population first.

1271 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

Field operations Tech III

Current Employee - Field Service Technician  in  Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The perks of free Internet and discounted phone and cable are nice. The people I work with on a daily bases are great including supervisors. The pay is good and the availability to take home your van is fantastic. Great when it comes down to family, like if you have to leave work for an emergency. I have been employed on the Time Warner team for the past 8 years and have seen change, some good some not so good, but over the years you learn to take the good with the not so good. The training is good and you don't have to worry about buying your own tools. Your office is mobile so no worries of anyone looking over your shoulder except GPS, but that's only if you draw attention to yourself.

Cons

Corperate Standerdization. This score card deal which you have no controll over. When it is 20 min to 12 and dispatch throws a call at you. it will go against you for OTG on your score card. Oh and I almost forgot. Your supervisor wants you to check your score card weekly. Things Will Change (TWC). The insentive program has gone down to like nothing after 40% comes out for taxes. Thankyou New York state. There was a point in time where I was getting $1000 every quarter by reaching goals. I understand that the economy has changed and that I am lucky to still have a job, so the Cons are really not to bad.

It would be nice for the direct supervisors to come out in the field and do some real work. I have only had 1 supervisor come out to the field to help me and he gaffed a pole. For the upper management I have no issues with. Like I said if you don't draw attention to yourself you are good. I think that the director of field operations is the best. He was a tech then a trainer and he fights for us out in the field. Kudos DB.

Depends on Manager

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There are a lot of smart, fun people to work with, discounts on company services, 401K, bonuses. Most departments are great to work in.

Cons

Extreme favoritism. Zero career growth capabilities; hiring managers know who they want to hire giving you little ability for promotion. The annual review criteria is taken seriously by no one. Middle-Sr mgmt have no clue what the "doers" do on a daily basis in many cases so you are either severely over or under worked. If there is a vision (I assume they have one) they don't communicate it so you are constantly re-architecting systems to match the "vision of the month".

Spend time trying to figure out what your people "in the trenches" do. Communicate your vision better beyond the theoretical; the overall strategy I agree is working for the company but the employee is scared for their job in many cases because of the fear of the unknown. Have stronger policies against mgmt "bullying" so employees aren't scared for their jobs when they report bad behavior.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!