There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Where is Corporate?How about getting up to speed against u-verse & FIOS?

Current Employee - Executive in Raleigh, NC
Current Employee - Executive in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

I don't know. I am having trouble with this. I like to think the work i do has meaning. I don't think all the passion and drive that i came on board with all motivated is gone because it's all USELESS, nothing i do matters.

Cons

Where do i begin? Let's just say i rather be working as a sales manager for fios or u-verse. I would have no problem taking all there customers. This company is so dysfunctional it's pathetic. I was pretty much sold this job, the salary is not anywhere near it should be. Overworked, layers with pointless management, nothing gets done. no one wants to do anything but sit around and wait to be laid off. no one knows what is going on they have no clue what is happening in the market place. clueless about customers, everyone is a arrogant and thinks they are better then you do.

Advice to Management

Retire. Please. In 3 years TWC will have massive layoffs because corproate management failed to take action to position TWC strategically against u-verse and fios.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. It's A Job

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

The free cable and internet. The phone service is half off for employees. Pay On Demand is half off. If your cell phone provider is one of the majors you get a discount on services and equipment. Mine is Cingular an I get 24 percent off my bill and any equipment I buy. You also get discounts at many other companies under the Time Warner Umbrella.

Cons

The schedueling of employee work hours are horrible; rarely do employees get two consecutive days off. To get an approve day off be prepared to request it weeks in advance. There is no flexability. Everything you do at the place is reduced to a stat. Employees get enough papers about their stats in a month to wallpaper an average livingroom. You are expected to learn and know a lot for pay that is only a few bucks more than minumum wage.

Advice to Management

Do something about the tree killing paper handouts. Speak to higher ups, informed them that the customer service position would be more efficient if it was specialized. Currently, reps do three jobs for one pay. Keep a file on constant complaining customers that give customer service reps hell and waste time. TWC will never please these people. After hundreds of phone calls and numerous service calls they should be told to seek service elsewhere.

2. Look at what Time Warner Cable can offer.

Current Employee - Sales Coach in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Sales Coach in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Time Warner Cable has a lot of growth opportunities. There is a strong support for advancement in career and education. A person can come to this company in a entry poistion and move towards management in literally about five years of less. Leadership recognize strong leadership skills in others and help develop individuals to their personal and professional best.

Cons

It is a fast past environment, everything is changing. You have to be able to adapt to change. Becaus technology is a ever changing world cable and internet changes with it. The changes occur from equipment to the channels that are offered.

Advice to Management

Listen more to your front line, they will help you be more proactive than reactive in situations.