Time Warner Cable

www.timewarnercable.com
  www.timewarnercable.com
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Really Depend On What Department You Join!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pay is good. Bonus is offered right off the bat. Working environment is flexible (no clock watchers). Technically, it should be a good place to work.

Cons

Unfortunately, it also depends on what department you join. Micromanagement, Lack of teamwork, Favoritism are common in my department.

Benefits are weird (90 days before you can contribute 401K, 180 days before you can use your own vacation, one extra month gap to have your healthcare covered after you join the company)

In my department, we do not really do the real work but using outside vendors a lot. If you want to learn hands-on experiences. You should think again about joining.

However, if you are an engineer, above may not apply. I heard it is very different on the engineering side except benefits.

Micromanagement actually starts from the top.

1383 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

What was I thinking?

Former Employee - TSS1 in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - TSS1 in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good benefits. Used to have a staff game room - gutted halfway through my year there.

Cons

Poor compensation, staffing, expectations too high.

Be honest when hiring.

Field operations Tech III

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The perks of free Internet and discounted phone and cable are nice. The people I work with on a daily bases are great including supervisors. The pay is good and the availability to take home your van is fantastic. Great when it comes down to family, like if you have to leave work for an emergency. I have been employed on the Time Warner team for the past 8 years and have seen change, some good some not so good, but over the years you learn to take the good with the not so good. The training is good and you don't have to worry about buying your own tools. Your office is mobile so no worries of anyone looking over your shoulder except GPS, but that's only if you draw attention to yourself.

Cons

Corperate Standerdization. This score card deal which you have no controll over. When it is 20 min to 12 and dispatch throws a call at you. it will go against you for OTG on your score card. Oh and I almost forgot. Your supervisor wants you to check your score card weekly. Things Will Change (TWC). The insentive program has gone down to like nothing after 40% comes out for taxes. Thankyou New York state. There was a point in time where I was getting $1000 every quarter by reaching goals. I understand that the economy has changed and that I am lucky to still have a job, so the Cons are really not to bad.

It would be nice for the direct supervisors to come out in the field and do some real work. I have only had 1 supervisor come out to the field to help me and he gaffed a pole. For the upper management I have no issues with. Like I said if you don't draw attention to yourself you are good. I think that the director of field operations is the best. He was a tech then a trainer and he fights for us out in the field. Kudos DB.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable