There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Time Warner Cable is a solid company to work for, but has a pretty bad reputation in the community.

Former Employee - Promotions Specialist
Former Employee - Promotions Specialist

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company is pretty honest with employees. The benefits are very nice. All employees receive free cable, internet, and can get phone for cheap. Customer service was better for employees too!

Cons

There is a lot of inside maneuvering that doesn't matter to customers. The company has downsized many of its operations, while charges for services, plus new and upgraded services are coming on seemingly every day.

Advice to Management

More time needs to be committed to improving the public perception of the company. Change the name.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

1. Great company at first, regionalization took away employee satisfaction.

Former Employee - Front Counter Customer Service
    Former Employee - Front Counter Customer Service

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great money if you are good with people, coworkers are great.

Cons

Upper management became regionalized and things became bad.

Love upper management and the managed, but why so much bloat in between?

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

VPs and Directors are really getting it right: great benefits, great colleagues, fair pay. Fantastic customers.

Cons

Due to the economy, we have tons of overqualified people in sales, especially, supervised by a bunch of nervous, underqualified people. Low and middle management in sales is heavy on the University of Phoenix MBA-style men, who tend to prefer to promote some guy's brother's friend from somewhere, rather than someone with soft skills, experience, vision, leadership potential, or any of those things. I have worked in an entry-level sales job for several years (the insurance is good), but I have yet to see any of tens of well-qualified internal candidates promoted. We have 14 holders of advanced degrees and tens of people with years of proven experience in sales/marketing. Middle management refuses to promote any of these people. In three years, I have not seen a woman or a black/latino person of either gender get a promotion in our department, though many have tried up to a dozen times. It is a little depressing, and doesn't reflect our company's values in any way.

Advice to Management

Upper management is actually really great, even visionary. It's time to clean house among middle management and let some people who actually want to work for you do that work. The sales incentive budget for this month, for example, went to buying all supervisors and leads TWC jackets, vests,and polos, and to installing a Wii for lower management to play on while people were trying to work to feed their families. No sales reps actually saw any benefit from those incentives. Steve Jobs once said something about never hiring B people unless you want your company to tank. A people hire A people. B people hire C people. C people hire D people. And so on. You can see where this ends up. Listen to Steve Jobs.