Nice place to work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Software Engineer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice place to work in technology

Cons

Work very hard at times

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Steer clear if you have personal morals

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

free cable, internet and discounted phone

Cons

No control of call coming into you queue. Despite being in inbound sales, company has started routed billing issues intentionally to us so we now have to try and sell to an already irate customer who we can only mislead them into thinking we have the ability to help. The supervisors advise, in both one on one sessions as well as in weekly huddles is to keep bullying the customer to make them feel like they need to 1) buy from you or 2) hang up on you. Your will be required to "build a house" on every customer you speak to, even if they already have everything you can sell them, failure to do so will lead to disciplinary actions. You have no immediate access to see what your skills are set at, as well as how your skills are set versus everyone else on the sales floor, and you can have one day of extremely good sales followed by a day where everyone you talk to already has all services offered, therefore you make no money. No accountability in place for other sales agents or front counter associates stealing your sales, process for disputing theft of sales is very lengthy and you get no time to do it while on the clock. You will either need to cut your lunch short or work through your breaks/stay after work/come in early in order to have the disputed placed. Your commission is based on how you perform versus the other agents in the department, the ones who do good are the same each month leaving the rest making little more than their base salary. Your commission is based on your performance per call, the best advise anyone on the floor will give you is place customers on hold or do whatever it takes to take as few calls as possible per day. If you feel a moral responsibility to help customers do what's really in their best interest, do not work here.

Advice to Management

Listen to your customers, listen to your employees. Start trying to satisfy the customers you already have and not badger them through queue after queue of the same questions by sales agents who have no ability to help them. Stop allowing 3rd party sales agents to offer things that your inbound agents can't offer, it leads to customer dissatisfaction and perceived integrity issues.

It's a job.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Health benefits are good. I know what and when I'm getting paid.

Cons

I'm a technician. Long hours, lots of stress. Forget having a life during the work week. Almost never get off on time, so forget about scheduling anything after work on a work day. Supervisors treat you like a recruit in boot camp. Nothing is asked of you, it's just barked at you, demanded or not to question why. Zero contingency plans for when people call off work. They just divy up their workload between the people that come to work. So you often have to do more in lees time and work late picking up others slack. Too little pay for the amount of stress and work load, personal sacrifices, and knowledge and skill you need to be a good technician. And you're almost always the only face a customer sees representig the company, so you have to have great people skills. Our supervisors do not have time or patience to effectively supervise because they are either in meetings all the time and constantly have to worry about their daily, weekly and monthly numbers and metrics. Or they are off work or don't work the same days as you and cannot be reached. We also lose benefits every few years. I used to not pay for cable and got on-demand movies half price. Now I have a cable bill a few dollars less than customers. While the company reaps huge profits. Free service was a selling point for me to hire on. There's almost no opportunities for advancement. I've been denied lateral moves within the company because either my repeat rates on service calls were too high once or twice during the last year (and anything can raise your repeat rates.Bad equipment,customer calling back with a question or clerical issue and customer service schedules a service call again because they don't know what to do, it all will effect your chances for a raise, a bonus, another position), which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for, or "other candidates were more qualified". It's just a lot of bs to put up with for 6 years of service and $15.00 an hour.

Advice to Management

Communicate with the people who are the backbone of your company. Stop taking benefits from us. Hire more people. Manage our department better so we can work more efficiently with less stress.