Time Warner Cable

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

TWC too impersonal

Current Employee - Producer/Director in Kansas City, MO
Current Employee - Producer/Director in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great health benefits but keeps getting less and less each year. It's the best I've seen in my 35 year career.
It's nice too have a full range of cable channels at a very low cost.

Cons

Not a personal company. When you talk to HR it is either a machine or a 3rd party company.

The rank and file know the king wears no clothes. Be more straight forward.
Don't roll out cutting-edge technology before it's ready.

1383 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

It's a job.

Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Field Service Technician in Austin, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Health benefits are good. I know what and when I'm getting paid.

Cons

I'm a technician. Long hours, lots of stress. Forget having a life during the work week. Almost never get off on time, so forget about scheduling anything after work on a work day. Supervisors treat you like a recruit in boot camp. Nothing is asked of you, it's just barked at you, demanded or not to question why. Zero contingency plans for when people call off work. They just divy up their workload between the people that come to work. So you often have to do more in lees time and work late picking up others slack. Too little pay for the amount of stress and work load, personal sacrifices, and knowledge and skill you need to be a good technician. And you're almost always the only face a customer sees representig the company, so you have to have great people skills. Our supervisors do not have time or patience to effectively supervise because they are either in meetings all the time and constantly have to worry about their daily, weekly and monthly numbers and metrics. Or they are off work or don't work the same days as you and cannot be reached. We also lose benefits every few years. I used to not pay for cable and got on-demand movies half price. Now I have a cable bill a few dollars less than customers. While the company reaps huge profits. Free service was a selling point for me to hire on. There's almost no opportunities for advancement. I've been denied lateral moves within the company because either my repeat rates on service calls were too high once or twice during the last year (and anything can raise your repeat rates.Bad equipment,customer calling back with a question or clerical issue and customer service schedules a service call again because they don't know what to do, it all will effect your chances for a raise, a bonus, another position), which had nothing to do with the position I was applying for, or "other candidates were more qualified". It's just a lot of bs to put up with for 6 years of service and $15.00 an hour.

Communicate with the people who are the backbone of your company. Stop taking benefits from us. Hire more people. Manage our department better so we can work more efficiently with less stress.

Like working fast food with more stress

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Morrisville, NC
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Morrisville, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than an year)

Pros

free cable - good heath benefits

Cons

Well - for the inbound sales department you must follow their sales position failure to do so gets you written up - never mind that the idea is sales - you must sell as if you are a used car salesman. That is pretty much their procedure.

Get a clue - that the customers wanted to be treated with respect and courteous not like a pawn at a used car dealer - take some input from the peons - you might be surprised how smart many of them are.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable