Great place to work

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great attention to employees development, many career opportunities. Business is growing and has great outlook.

Cons

Still some old mentality of cable world. Going through lots of org changes and consolidation

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Hollywood Call Center provides a good job, although always feels like no one has your back.

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good Benefits, Free Cable, Sales Incentives, Mostly fun coworkers. Good commissions and pretty nice starting wages for a while, then a new guy came in and changed the starting from $14 to $12.

Cons

Last year I was there, the customer service department became so pushy to get sales that it was demanded on every call. I was one of the top people when it came to sales and customer service and forcing me to try and sell to a customer that is on their last nerve, would only end up me getting further yelled at by the customer and lower scores on my satisfaction surveys (which can cut your commission DRASTICALLY. I had been one of the best employees for several years and not letting me trust my instincts and sell to the customer by just believing in the product and knowing the right time to bring that up. I also would see agents that were struggling only threatened with termination and write-ups to try and motivate rather than help, things may have changed, every year there would be a new head of the call center and each one would say things would be different.

Advice to Management

Spend a week or so on the phones AS AN AGENT if you didn't move up to a higher position from there. If you came from the phones, then don't just repeat all the expected averages back to an agent and have that change. There were expectations that were sometimes not realistic when you are in a department where most calling are because of serve problems or because the bill is so high and not sure how it happened. Those types of customers, have a negative mindset towards us when we get the call. For me my main goal was to get that customer happy again, and if you do that the rest will fall into place. Although, most supervisors and above really try hard to motivate their team (because everyone is reporting to someone) and I think quality customer service/sales agents are not the norm, so it can be frustrating to try and keep things upbeat and not have most the team thinking they can slack off.

2. Was fun and learned a lot

Former Employee - Tier III Tech Support Agent in Canton, OH
    Former Employee - Tier III Tech Support Agent in Canton, OH

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy going staff, cheap services

Cons

micro managing, sales, timing calls