Time Warner Cable

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Decent, but you won't see it on any top 100 lists of best places to work

Current Employee - Staff Accountant I in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Staff Accountant I in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Corporate environment, large company, lots of opportunity to learn new things.

Cons

Employee recognition is not high on the priority list. The perks are deceptively rigged, the compensation growth sucks, and there is little reward for being dedicated. They play a cold game when it comes to dealing with employees.

Share information; Stop acting so slick about everything.

1495 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

NO opportunity for advancement

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fun "team" members, challenging work but in the sense that it's nonstop and a lot of overtime, GREAT benefits package, love the free cable and cheap services

Cons

Absolutely NO opportunity for advancement. They make you jump through an incredibly high number, if not impossible series of hoops, and even then it's not really possible to advance. They tell you join this group, be on that board, go to this meeting or that seminar, get to know the industry--it's all a big waste of time.

Management babysits and hovers. They do cube checks and senior management fishes on social networking sites for anything their employees put out there, then they all spread rumors between each other about their suboordinates, and there is NEVER any positive feedback given. They look for anything you do wrong and never, EVER let you tell your side of the story, even though it is the true side (especially when it's the true side). They play favorites, they coddle the men in the department, and employees don't have a leg to stand on. HR is a joke, employee relations is a joke, and my whole department was a circus with two ringleaders and three incompetent clowns running the big top. When employees ask legitimate questions ("Due to changes in this company, is my job in jeopardy?"), they get laughed at and BS'ed by executive leadership in front of hundreds of people,

As for pay - well below industry standard. Come on, this is an 18 billion-dollar company. Shouldn't we be getting better than 3.5% bonuses? Why did two people hired at nearly the same time as me both get reolcation packages and my recruiter said they weren't offered? Recruitment lies. But the company offers student loans to people and then holds it over your head if you want to leave. You're trapped. Does this company treat emloyees fairly? Probably not, based on my experiences with promotions and compensation.

As for diversity - they say they value it, but they don't. Don't let them fool you. I don't know how they get the ratings they do in the diversity arena, because it is NOT how they project it to be.

SERIOUSLY tap into the abilities of your employees and stop pigeonholing them. When employees come to you with huge numbers of credentials, don't limit their job to the sweatshop boring work--let them ACHIEVE and give them opportunities to do it!

If you value your profession do not work here!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits and the facilities are nice.

Cons

Not appreciated by management. The management team does not care that the decisions they make affect not only the employee but their employee's family. One review on here summed it up best by saying, "TWC plays cold with their employees." Worst senior management team I have ever worked for. Plays games even after employees leave the company by spreading false information. What is sad is that they think that no one knows what they are doing to make themselves look good.

Remember, what you say, says a lot about you!

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable