Time Warner Cable

Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Good company

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Diversity, Good benefits, not hard work, fun, free cable

Cons

Communication breakdown, slow to change

Communication breakdown

1507 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

Stone Age Management Style Bordering on Abuse

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Columbia, SC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than a year)

Pros

free cable, ok health benefits, liberal vacation time (but they won't let you take it unless you meet certain conditions, free parking.

Cons

I've been here as a DSR in sales for one year. The managers are a joke. But, what do you expect from door to door salespeople who get promoted to their level of incompetence? Their way of motivating people is scream, threaten, and crack the whip. And if that doesn't work do all three again, but harder. No wonder turnover rate is at 40%. They recently raised their prices beyond the ridiculous. The competition laughs at us. Customers just get insulted when they hear how much we charge. They are losing customers faster than they sign them up. The further up management you go, the more psychotic they get.

Stop assuming your salespeople are stupid, lazy and dishonest. We know you think that of us; your attitudes make that very clear. Listen to this: You currently do more to hinder sales people than help them. Here is a suggestion: from supervisor on up to director; take a month off. Sales will skyrocket. You people are pathetic.

Behind the times when it comes to technology

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Time Warner compensates its employees quite well. Those living within its service footprint are given complimentary television and internet service, and discounted home phone service. The company match on the 401K is nice. The company has a decent employee purchasing plan with discounts from a wide variety of partners.

Cons

TWC suffers from Information Silo Syndrome. An employee is given the tools to perform his or her own job, although cross training in some departments is non-existent. Slow to adopt new technology. This isn't true for every department in every city of course. TWC being such a huge company, there are bound to be differences in the way things are run on the ground from place to place and from department to department.

Just the standard advice to give an ear to the opinions of "lower management" when it comes to implementing the company's directives.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable