Time Warner Cable

www.timewarnercable.com
  www.timewarnercable.com
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

It has been a good experience, great people to work with, and great benefits.

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits, flexibility when it comes to vacation and personal days

Cons

So many changes for employees in such a short period of time

Please envision yourselves in all employees day to day work when our concerns are voiced

1387 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

Would not work there again

Current Employee - Outbound Telesales in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Outbound Telesales in Albany, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, very flexible shifts

Cons

Pay was only minimum wage or commission in the call center

Call center environment with micro management written all over it.

Current Employee - Micro-Managed Drone in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Micro-Managed Drone in Austin, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great benefits package with 'almost free' cable and internet service. Direct management does a great job within their means.

Cons

Micro management. Must ask to go to the restroom. Constant change, affecting earnings - always resulting in less pay. Low hourly salary for rep's who are resolving escalated calls. No time to follow up with customers who require follow up.
    Upper management seems oblivious to what it takes to take care of customers while adhering to the 'script'.
    Ridiculous pricing structure and deceptive marketing approach - commercials advertising services do not include realistic pricing nor true descriptions of the services being advertised. Customers who are newly installed must often call to adjust and change the plans they were sold to better provide for customer expectations, often to the detriment of reps, who take a financial hit for correcting billing and account issues.
    Hired as a retention rep, my position now is more 'sales' centric than a position I held for 7 years, being paid 100% commission.

*Parading through the call center with silly hats & noise-makers to loudly announce some 'inspiring occasion' while your reps are attempting to assist angry, frustrated customers does not boost morale.

*Invest in further training and an understanding of what it takes to properly staff the call center for peak hours and more focus on keeping talent. Recent departmental changes and revolving door hiring tactics are not the answer to the problem. Happy employees who earn enough to advance in life and care for their families who can rely on life balance are more likely to stay, and care about the company and it's success.

*I'd like to extend a personal invite the VP of sales to spend a week (or a day) in my seat - understanding of what it takes to show up every day and stay motivated would induce some positive changes.

*Reality is: You Have Competitors. More and more are entering the marketplace and they offer services and technologies that you can't compare to. More system upgrades and technology upgrades are going to be required to compete in the market.

*Stop making reactive changes and taking a band aid approach to the obvious issues the network has, and get real about pricing.

*We're not robots, and shouldn't have to 'ask' to go to the bathroom. Makes me feel like I'm in grade school!

?Seems like you almost have intentionally set yourself up to lose a lot of customers to competitors with outlandish pricing structures. Your employees don't get it, and either do your customers.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable