Time Warner Cable
3.0 of 5 1,151 reviews
www.timewarnercable.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Seems great in the beginning, becomes extremely stressful.

Inbound Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Albany, NY

ProsMajor discounted services, Helpful Supervisors, Good pay for a first time full-time job

ConsThis is the lengthy part. Starting out they pay you $14.50 for your first 5 weeks or so, the trainers talk your ears off about how great the company is and attempt to teach you how to sell. Really, all your doing is learning the billing system you don't learn anything until you hit the phones. My biggest problem is that myself and many other employees eventually come to learn that calls are without a doubt filtered. Some days you you literally will get 30 calls not that don't have an ounce of opportunity to sell on, while the person sitting next to you receives calls regarding new service/upgrades. Management will tell you until they're blue in the face that everyone gets the same volume which is not true what so ever and its the primary reason I left. To add to that while your in "nesting" (the training phase on the phones) your given all opportunities to sell, for example my first commission check was a considerable amount, and as soon as training ended even after gaining experience most calls were impossible to upsell and make yourself money. All this made the job extremely stressful, and made it clear that certain employees recieved got better opportunities than others who actually know how to sell.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop filtering calls and coming up with excuses former and current employees are all aware it happens. Also come up with better ways to protect sales agents from getting sales stolen by other employees who simply re-key an order and attach their sales ID. Shift bidding is also done at very inconvenient times of the year. Part-time positions should be considered as well.

Great Company to work for and wonderful Benefits.

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros: Benefits are great you not only get health and 401k… Cons: Local upper management is not in touch with front line… Advice to Senior Management: As a company grows it seems to lose the local… More

Communication isnt their strong suit but a good place to work

Akron, OH

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: great benefits, good working conditions, great people, good atmosphere Cons: departments dont talk to one another, in the midst of… Advice to Senior Management: break down the silos and encourage interdepartmental projects Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Time Warner Cable.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Time Warner Cable reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Time Warner Cable CEO Robert D. Marcus. All reviews posted anonymously by Time Warner Cable employees.