Time Warner Cable

www.timewarnercable.com
  www.timewarnercable.com
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Seems great in the beginning, becomes extremely stressful.

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Albany, NY
Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Albany, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Major discounted services, Helpful Supervisors, Good pay for a first time full-time job

Cons

This is the lengthy part. Starting out they pay you $14.50 for your first 5 weeks or so, the trainers talk your ears off about how great the company is and attempt to teach you how to sell. Really, all your doing is learning the billing system you don't learn anything until you hit the phones. My biggest problem is that myself and many other employees eventually come to learn that calls are without a doubt filtered. Some days you you literally will get 30 calls not that don't have an ounce of opportunity to sell on, while the person sitting next to you receives calls regarding new service/upgrades. Management will tell you until they're blue in the face that everyone gets the same volume which is not true what so ever and its the primary reason I left. To add to that while your in "nesting" (the training phase on the phones) your given all opportunities to sell, for example my first commission check was a considerable amount, and as soon as training ended even after gaining experience most calls were impossible to upsell and make yourself money. All this made the job extremely stressful, and made it clear that certain employees recieved got better opportunities than others who actually know how to sell.

Stop filtering calls and coming up with excuses former and current employees are all aware it happens. Also come up with better ways to protect sales agents from getting sales stolen by other employees who simply re-key an order and attach their sales ID. Shift bidding is also done at very inconvenient times of the year. Part-time positions should be considered as well.

1387 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

Great Company to work for and wonderful Benefits.

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Benefits are great you not only get health and 401k but discounted services for cable, internet and phone.

Cons

Local upper management is not in touch with front line employees anymore.

As a company grows it seems to lose the local abilities to make any changes.

Lazy management and no accountability!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The TWC call center will hire anyone that knows how to type and has ever had customer svc experience.

Cons

I worked in this call center from July 2012 to January 2013- training was great, learned alot and made some great friends- but the good times stopped there. The trainer was meticulous in making sure we knew every system navigation, understood customer relations and how to do every procedure beginning to end. Once released from training and on the love floor however it became glaringly apparent that the management knew maybe 30% of what we knew and the rest of my procedural or judgement call questions were always "that's not our department, just transfer the call."

Sit in on the training from time to time so you know at least as much as your newbies. Stay up to date on changes or updates to policies and procedures so that issues can be handled the right way the first time. Oh, and pay more than $10.50 an hour, such a joke.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable