Management only cares about sales, it was supposed to have been a tech support position.

Former Employee - National Help Desk  in  Buffalo, NY
Former Employee - National Help Desk in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for less than a year

Pros

good benefits , you have the power to help people ( i would fix most computer problems including winsock resets saving people money) to go above and beyond when you are on that phone because the supervisor is never around especially if they are training in the Philippians. Also once i learned the system better ( unified ) i could spot service issues that most other agents could not spot ( intermittent speeds / packet loss ). you would pull the Tx/Rx/Snr in a live graph to see if the levels were spiking, then throw a 250 packet ping test and see those levels spike all over the place with 70 percent packet loss and send technicians because this was the customers 6th call in a week. So in a way that was pro for me but made the company look bad.

Cons

The company misleads you during the interview process and hides the quota and endless problems that arise from not meeting you monthly "sales goal". TWC would force you to offer upgrades regardless of the persons age, knowledge level or service issues involved. The only indication of asking a customer to upgrade their internet bandwidth tier is the green indicator on the customers account.

USE Discretion and move people to where they are best suited, stop rigidly enforcing the sales quota with termination resulting. STOP combining SALES and TECHNICAL SUPPORT !!!!!

Other Reviews for Time Warner Cable

overall nice company to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Jamaica, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jamaica, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Its a very good company to work for. I learn and work hard

Cons

their are no cons every

My Managers and Directors I enjoy working with them and my coworkers

full of incompetent supervisors and managers

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative  in  Flushing, NY
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Flushing, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

very cheap cable and internet for employees
    benefits (vacation, personal sick days, medical insurance)

Cons

As if being yelled at and cursed out at isn't bad enough, this place is full of uneducated and incompetent mangers and supervisors. They would not be in any management position anywhere else. No work ever gets done and customers are not helped. TWC also hire anyone off the streets, so be prepared to meet some ignorant co workers as well. This place sucks. They work you like dogs for low pay. Calls come in non stop and you get timed for every little thing you do. These people will seriously monitor your every move.

na

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!