Excellent Managers - Unreasonable Expectations From Corporate

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay can be really good for us sales people and I really like the people I work with. Also, excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401 K, free services, etc., and the supervisors and Sales Managers really care. There's also 3 weeks a year of paid vacation, a week more than most companies

Cons

Direct Sales Reps have to do tons of customer service related things that they shouldn't have to. For example, if they have cash card or gift card giveaways, there's always nightmares with redemption codes, customers calling with confusion and frustrations. They shouldn't roll these things out if they don't have it together. Prices are too high, they won't include equipment like they used to and competitors have some cool technology that we don't.

Advice to Management

Provide your sales people with better administrative support. Step it up on technology and don't raise prices so much. And if you're going to raise prices to the tune of over 100% over the course of the last year and a half, at least cover some pieces of equipment with our bundles.

Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable

1. Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Help customers keep them happy and statisfy, its a challenge learn something every day not only from superiors but most of all from customers.

Cons

None that i could'nt handle

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work for being there, when needed help

It's an ok company with great benefits

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Slow to promote, definitely within. Antiquated in their procedures and practices. The corporate offices are still traditional and old school methodology and business attire (men dressed in collared shirts and ties, women dressed 9-5). Oy

Cons

One of the major plusses working at Time Warner Cable is the pay. If you negotiate a good salary coming in and not lowball yourself, they pay very well compared to other cable and/or communication companies in the industry. Makes it rather hard to leave once you start noticing the corporate b.s.

Advice to Management

They dance to the beat of their own drums, advice is not solicited nor wanted.