There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Excellent Managers - Unreasonable Expectations From Corporate

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay can be really good for us sales people and I really like the people I work with. Also, excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401 K, free services, etc., and the supervisors and Sales Managers really care. There's also 3 weeks a year of paid vacation, a week more than most companies

Cons

Direct Sales Reps have to do tons of customer service related things that they shouldn't have to. For example, if they have cash card or gift card giveaways, there's always nightmares with redemption codes, customers calling with confusion and frustrations. They shouldn't roll these things out if they don't have it together. Prices are too high, they won't include equipment like they used to and competitors have some cool technology that we don't.

Provide your sales people with better administrative support. Step it up on technology and don't raise prices so much. And if you're going to raise prices to the tune of over 100% over the course of the last year and a half, at least cover some pieces of equipment with our bundles.

reviews filtered by
  1. Customer Service Representative

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in El Paso, TX

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Help customers keep them happy and statisfy, its a challenge learn something every day not only from superiors but most of all from customers.

Cons

None that i could'nt handle

Keep up the good work for being there, when needed help

Terrible

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middletown, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Middletown, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Co-workers are the only good thing. The technology is antiquated and the managers are inexperienced and nothing more than administrative assistants. No future, no hope. The only reason TWC has any customers is that they are the only service in some areas.

Cons

Managers have no idea what they are doing and do not help at all, too busy running childish sales competitions for trinkets.Not really a customer service position as they care only if you make sales, do not care about what the customer needs. They use ridiculous metrics to base a monthly payout. Just too many terrible things to even type in this little box. Bad promos for customers so very difficult to make sales.

No advice, they can continue to walk around with their heads up each others asses. Stay on the sinking ship, you deserve to go down with this terrible company.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable