It was a 30 + year journey across technology and programming

I worked at Time Warner Cable

Pros

It was a great place to work. Benefits were first rate and the job was on the leading edge of technology.

Cons

Change is inevitable and it is unfortunate that job loss resulting from Corporate reorganization impacts so many people. Still, the severance package was generous and helpful.

Make the severance package tax free!

Other Reviews for Time Warner Cable

Operations

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time

Pros

Great work environment. Great people.

Cons

Going through restructuring at this time...job stability

Coach to employee career development.

Excellent Managers - Unreasonable Expectations From Corporate

Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Direct Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay can be really good for us sales people and I really like the people I work with. Also, excellent benefits including medical, dental, 401 K, free services, etc., and the supervisors and Sales Managers really care. There's also 3 weeks a year of paid vacation, a week more than most companies

Cons

Direct Sales Reps have to do tons of customer service related things that they shouldn't have to. For example, if they have cash card or gift card giveaways, there's always nightmares with redemption codes, customers calling with confusion and frustrations. They shouldn't roll these things out if they don't have it together. Prices are too high, they won't include equipment like they used to and competitors have some cool technology that we don't.

Provide your sales people with better administrative support. Step it up on technology and don't raise prices so much. And if you're going to raise prices to the tune of over 100% over the course of the last year and a half, at least cover some pieces of equipment with our bundles.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable.

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!