There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Excellent employee care. Benefits, work-life balance.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Monroe, NC
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I felt like I was part of a team. Loved my co-workers.

Cons

Sometimes felt the culture was a little too relaxed.

Keep hiring quality people.

1258 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

I felt like I was handcuffed to my desk and computer, not allowed to move, talk or read, but answer back to back calls.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Morrisville, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Morrisville, NC

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for more than a year

Pros

Time Warner has great benefits like: medical, dental, 401k and free cable, internet and phone services for thier employees. Also Time Warner offers commission on upselling products.

Cons

Time Warner goes too far over micro-managing, there is no option to go to the bathroom you are told to wait for your lunch or breaks. You are not allow to be off the phone at anytime, the call volume is always high. They had the hardest attendance policy of any company I ever worked for. They show no appreciation to their call center employees, we are the first contact to customers. If I was to compare Time Warner to Comcast, both cable giants, I would be very excited and happy to work for Comcast again. They treat thier employees with repect and with great appreciation, they dont just say we appreciate you but they show it.

Management needs to be alot more accessible and involved, instead of sitting at thier desk all day everyday and not communicating with employees. CEO and VP also need to show thier involvement when it comes to thier call center employees and when visiting dont just visit management, but walk around the call center and talk to the first contacts(employees) thier customers will be talking to.

Good if you have just graduated from high school.

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time for less than a year

Pros

Heavily discounted cable services, free turbo internet, all the channels you can think of. Middle management can be good, depending on who you get.

Cons

Low, low, low pay. It's not worth 11.00/hr to put up with irate customers, and on top having to sell them services that will end up having problems in a few days. They need more reliable hardware. Depending on who your manager is, all they look at are sales figures, even if your job is not in sales.
    Field techs! Hire quality field techs! That is the number one complaint from subscribers.

The pay for entry level is a joke. 22k, after taxes is a very low wage. Also, if somebody Speaks spanish, pay them a differential, all other corporations do.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Worked for Time Warner Cable? Contribute to the Community!