There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Lots of room to grow. Could have better management in places.

I have been working at Time Warner Cable full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Family friendly. Flexible. Decent benefits and salary.

Cons

Not the best management in place. Too many useless changes in direction.

Advice to Management

Don't say yes to every project that comes your way. It destroys employee cycles and makes it difficult to get the work done that might actually make a difference.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Good company, excellent benefits

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time

Pros

Most teams work well together and reach across across departments and organizations. Time Warner Cable has fantastic benefits, very generous compensation.

Cons

Opportunities abound in locations within the Time Warner Cable footprint. Fewer opportunities in locations that are not in the Time Warner Cable footprint.

Be warned about the Inbound Sales Representative position in Albany, NY

Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Albany, NY
    Former Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in Albany, NY

I worked at Time Warner Cable full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits, free coffee/hot cocoa provided all day, and there is not much more I can say.

Cons

1) They pay current employees $300 to get someone to work there. If anyone is telling you the benefits of this job, RUN. They want the money. At certain times of the year they give employees $600 to get someone to work there. This is no lie. Ask anyone who works there.
    2) You will be typing ALL DAY. All of the order entry is manual. Unless you are an amazing typist and love that, it will deplete you and exhaust you.
    3) The managers don’t have to know the system. Most of them don’t have a clue, and have never managed before.
    4) Once you are hired, you train in a classroom for 2 months and take tests. This part is okay. If you get hired here (as a first option), accept this and get the $14.50 an hour for that time if you are out of work. They start firing people after the third month.
    5) Don’t plan on keeping this job. The ongoing joke with someone in my training class was “I’m still here”. When I ended my time there, many had already been given final written warnings (meaning being fired within a month) or fired.
    6) They do not explain that a huge portion of your calls will be tech support calls. People are calling so angry that their internet, phone, or TV is not working (and some are paying close to $200 a month). Each call counts in your ‘metrics’. It is your fault if you don’t sell these people wireless security systems when they can’t even get a normal internet signal.
    7) You will work on the floor with a lot of sweet people (salespeople, not management), but nobody likes working there. Nobody is secure, and people talk openly about hating the job.
    8) You will have to go through ‘coachings’, when your inexperienced manager will belittle you for everything they feel you are doing wrong. The sad part is they could really teach you to improve if they knew how. They do not. Your friends on the floor will help you to survive there (I was making more than a number of people sitting around me because I listened to the suggestions of people doing well.) Unfortunately, even the top producers were getting write-ups and being fired.
    9) Unlike most sales jobs, the more calls you take, the worse you do and the less you make. I know, it makes no sense. If you have a hard-working ethic and take too many bad calls, you end up ‘red’ and will run the risk of being fired within 3 months. You will be then be told by the producers there to slow down your calls to make money. Then, you will get in trouble for seemingly being ‘unproductive’ but you will be making money. It makes no sense but that’s how strange and wrong their system is. Nobody knows how much commission they make until 14 days after the month is over, and people that feel they are doing great end up broke due to these screwy metrics.
    10) Yes, they suspended me for expressing all the things they were calling me there, and being open about all of the ways they were belittling me.
    11) I was then fired, like everyone else. What an evil and horrific experience. I don’t believe I have ever been fired in my life. I know I had never been called most of the words they insulted me with in my life.
    12) I got on Indeed.com when I wanted to warn others and realized someone had written something from Inbound Sales in NC, and they said at their location, half the people who they trained with were gone. It must be universal, same situation, different state. Bad company to work in Inbound Sales for.
    13) They have ‘wellness rooms’ for the emotional problems they cause by the belittling there and the lack of stability. These are closed little rooms where people can sign out keys and have emotional breakdowns off of the sales floor in private. I’m not kidding.

Advice to Management

CARE ABOUT PEOPLE AND THEIR WELL-BEING.