Time Warner Cable

www.timewarnercable.com
  www.timewarnercable.com
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable

Good place to get technical experience with good benefits.

Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX
Current Employee - Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

The working culture really depends on your area / department but overall it's a relaxed friendly environment. Compensation and benefits are probably up with the best in the industry. Access to technical resources is good. If you want to sit in a box for 5 years and get paid for doing the bare minimum you can, but you can also learn a lot technically if you choose to.

Cons

The historical cable company mentality is still present with the majority of field techs. There is a huge us and them attitude problems between field engineering and any other department. This has transposed to other departments too. There is a reluctance to accept responsibility for mistakes as historically this has lead to severe punishments. This causes a lot of buck passing and cover-up that adds a lot of delay to fault resolution.

The first time i made a mistake, owned up to it and suggested ways to resolve it and prevent it from happening again I received 15 email warning me to be careful admitting i was at fault. I ignored this and still continue to be open and honest. It may well have hurt my chances for advancement internally but I still have a soul.

The "old boys" network is still present in senior management and accountability especially in the sale side. Sales folks are given very little training and expected to perform. This leads to massive sales churn and the selling of one-off, unsupportable solutions.

Stop employing people that have failed at VP level in other companies.
Train sales staff.
Let Engineering drive product development.
Actually reward honestly and integrity.
Talk openly and honestly about the known historical cable culture if you ever want to change it.

1383 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner Cable (View Most Recent)

If you want to work for idiots...

Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in College Point, NY
    Current Employee - Inbound Sales Representative in College Point, NY

I have been working at Time Warner Cable

Pros

Great co-workers, great benefits. Period.

Cons

Horrible management, poor pay structure, lack of communication, support, etc.

Quit treating your employees like they are just numbers or letters in blac and white. WE ARE PEOPLE. All the changes are frustrating and NONE of your sales staff is happy. How do you expect us to successfully sell your products when we're not happy AT ALL with the way we're being managed? Also, stop bring people from outside of the company in and giving them the green light to do whatever they want. Horrible.

Employee Satisfaction equates to more profit!

Former Employee - Executive in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Executive in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Time Warner Cable

Pros

The company will be around in 10 years and the Customer growth is there under the right leadership. The organization has a passionate employee body that wants to do the right thing.

Cons

Some of the leaders are not forward thinking. The monopolistic mindset impacts the wrong decisions impacting Employee and Customer Satisfaction. Ofen you see a disconnect between Sr Leaders and front line folks.

Conduct routine employee satisfaction surveys and act on it. Remove those leaders who simply don't get it. Create incentives for Leaders who do well on employee survey results.
    I would love to see undercover Boss implemented at TWC for I think the highest level of leaders would be amazed.

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner Cable