There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner

Well-organized company with good corporate culture, particularly when compared with peer set.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner full-time

Pros

Leader in its industry. Rational decision-making. A minimum of office politics, at least at the mid-level.

Cons

TW's divisions operate very autonomously, so don't expect to get unfiltered exposure to divisional dynamics/economics.

120 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner (View Most Recent)

No job security

I have been working at Time Warner for more than 5 years

Pros

Excellent Insurance, Solid 401K. Kind peers. Paycheck comes in American dollars.

Cons

Metrics run the show. You are always 2 bad months away from termination. There is little teamwork between management and employees. A very obvious social rift exists. Free time is only made available to supervisors and management. Having a sit, or a free time frame have all become extinct here. The pay is the worst in the area. Thats not an opinion. 12 dollars to start is the lowest of all service and install jobs I could find. As in anywhere, not just local. I mean like North America. You will work Saturdays or Sundays, unapologeticly, with no option for weekday only work untill a seniority of about 8 years or so has been reached. They have a top secret system for determining the shift seniority also. The system is not made known to employees. By and large you will work 4, 10 hour days. You will work holidays. Mangement does not. You will work on call. Management does not. Management does not work weekends. You will have a scorecard that has analytics speciffic to your work. If it passes their standards, which constantly get more difficult you will be given a 5% increase from your starting salary. You are allowed to top out at 18 dollars per hour. You will have your truck monitored by GPS and tracking software. If you are management you are not required to have GPS. Perhaps you are starting to see why there may or may not be a bit of a social rift with management. They are immediately deemed "more honest". Meetings are on Tuesday. In 6 years, I have never been to a meeting where we havent been told we need to do additional work. Not once has there been a meeting stating that something has been simplified so the workload can decrease. Cant wait for my opportunity elsewhere.

Get out in the field.

Great Place to work, slow to advance

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

Great people to work with, lots of chances to move around in other divisions

Cons

hard to move up within a team or department, would need to leave the company or go to another division

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!