Time Warner

www.timewarner.com
There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner

Culture sub par for short time was there.

I worked at Time Warner (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good benefits and pay when was working

Cons

Laid everyone off after buying us.

Care more about employees

132 Other Employee Reviews for Time Warner (View Most Recent)

Working at Time Warner was a pinnacle of my creative career; the editorial team I worked with was top notch.

Former Employee - Art Director in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Art Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Time Warner as a contractor (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits. Company culture. Great management.

Cons

The ONLY con was the termination of my long-term custom publishing contract due to company restructuring.

Please consider collaborating with contract employees to negotiate solutions to changing work needs and strategies; we are often as invested in our work and in the success of the company as a permanent employee, and bring valuable experience to the table.

No job security

I have been working at Time Warner (more than 5 years)

Pros

Excellent Insurance, Solid 401K. Kind peers. Paycheck comes in American dollars.

Cons

Metrics run the show. You are always 2 bad months away from termination. There is little teamwork between management and employees. A very obvious social rift exists. Free time is only made available to supervisors and management. Having a sit, or a free time frame have all become extinct here. The pay is the worst in the area. Thats not an opinion. 12 dollars to start is the lowest of all service and install jobs I could find. As in anywhere, not just local. I mean like North America. You will work Saturdays or Sundays, unapologeticly, with no option for weekday only work untill a seniority of about 8 years or so has been reached. They have a top secret system for determining the shift seniority also. The system is not made known to employees. By and large you will work 4, 10 hour days. You will work holidays. Mangement does not. You will work on call. Management does not. Management does not work weekends. You will have a scorecard that has analytics speciffic to your work. If it passes their standards, which constantly get more difficult you will be given a 5% increase from your starting salary. You are allowed to top out at 18 dollars per hour. You will have your truck monitored by GPS and tracking software. If you are management you are not required to have GPS. Perhaps you are starting to see why there may or may not be a bit of a social rift with management. They are immediately deemed "more honest". Meetings are on Tuesday. In 6 years, I have never been to a meeting where we havent been told we need to do additional work. Not once has there been a meeting stating that something has been simplified so the workload can decrease. Cant wait for my opportunity elsewhere.

Get out in the field.