Time Warner

www.timewarner.com

No longer Paradise

Editor (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsIt has a fabulous reputation, and it has the highest standards--at least in the magazine business where I work. If you can make it there, you can make it anywhere.

ConsIn the magazine division, there is a definite lack of investment and interest by top management. We have seen layoff after layoff, and people are worried all the time that our department will be axed as have several others in recent years. The top management acts as though magazines are so yesterday, and maybe they are, but, there'll always be a big business there, with millions to earn. And it's hard to work in a climate where the predominant strategy is disinvestment.
Also, we never hear from top management, have no idea where we fit in, what the strategy is, or whether we will be sold to another company.
I was here before and then returned recently to work here, and it is sad to find how few resources now are being devoted to real journalism, which is what I am here to do. Everything has to be done on the cheap. It's no longer Paradise.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to spend money to make money. So spend a little. For example, you'll never get good advertisers in magazines when you downgrade the paper and make their ads look like crap.

Ok place to work if you like killing time

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner

Pros: TW pays well and gives plenty of days off. plus… Cons: ugggh. I had full weeks where I had nothing to do. I seriously came into work and killed the whole day. … Advice to Senior Management: Try doing your employees jobs. Share some responsibility with them. Middle managers have a ton… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Time Warner is a good company that used to be great

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros: As far as big media companies go, Time Warner remains at the top for a reason.....The benefits package is hard to beat. Generous vacation,… Cons: In this time of budget cuts and hiring freezes, there is a nervousness about working in print and publishing in general. With the downward… Advice to Senior Management: While Time Warner still pays close attention to their employees Work/Life Balance, providing on-site pilates classes, guitar lessons and basic counseling as well as access… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Time Warner.

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!