Time Warner - A great place to work if you don't mind red tape and politics

Former Employee - Manager  in  New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Time Warner

Pros

the people, benefits and opportunities to learn and grow. Great offices and perks. Decent salary but hard to move from corporate to a dicision because salaries at Corp are so much higher.

Cons

One word...politics. I have never been in a company where career sucess depended so largely on the relationships and positioning of oneself. They waste a lot of time and money on the wrong things and talk about employee satisfaction but don't really care to make changes that the employees tell management they want.

Give your employees the opportunity to grow and work to create an environment where people are comfortable taking risks and expressing ideas. Communicate more. Dick Parsons was a great communicator and always talked to the employees. Jeff Bewkes came in made a ton of changes including cost cuts and never addressed the employee population. Rumors run wild in that place!

Other Reviews for Time Warner

I'm happy in my job, but wish I was paid more and felt more appreciated

Current Employee - Event Marketing Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Event Marketing Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

It's a great company to work for. The benefits are great, we got a lot of vacation days and the perks are good too. I'm very happy here, which is very important.

Cons

I don't think this company pays well as a whole

To praise your staff more often and acknowledge the hard and good work they do

Content at Time Warner

Current Employee - Assistant Finance Manager  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Finance Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Time Warner

Pros

Great perks, great benefits, liberal work environment, very good work/life balance, working at Time Warner has a "glamour industry" effect

Cons

Salary is very average/below average, talent retention is poor, communicaitons not always the strongest between departments

better communication regarding larger strategy that affects the rank and file, greater collaboration between divisions (HBO, Warner, Time Inc, etc)

There are newer employer reviews for Time Warner.

Worked for Time Warner? Contribute to the Community!