Timegate Studios
www.timegate.com Sugar Land, TX 50 to 149 Employees

Not Much to Complain About.

Employee (Current Employee)
Sugar Land, TX

Pros- Laid back atmosphere.
- Coworkers are the nicest and most helpful people anyone could hope to work with.
- Despite what some say, management really tries to come up with ways to keep everyone happy, with surprise activities, free soda/gourmet coffee/dinner, pitchfest, social activities, etc.
- Competitive pay. IMO, slightly higher than industry when taking in to account the cost of living in Houston.

Cons- Senior management has unrealistic expectations considering Timegate's status in the industry. Because of that, their attitude seems to be "my way or the highway".

Advice to Senior ManagementTo upper management-

First off, come to work. When you are out of the office as many days as you are in, it gives off the message that you don't want to be there, you don't care about the success of the projects, you expect the employees to work harder/care more than you, and that you're just there for the paycheck. If you do happen to come in, try and make it for more than a couple of hours. 12:00 - 4:00 does not count.

To mid-upper management-

Reality check. Despite what you think it WILL hurt you to lose us. Considering the fact that no one in senior management has ever had a job outside of Timegate, and they really don't have any talent, accomplishments, or skills aside from years ofecterience which ultimately led to their high-ranking titles. Coming in on a weekend during crunch time to ask what you can do to help (or just being seen trying to help) would go a lot further than dropping off food.

To job hunters-
If you are a self-motivated worker, then Timegate is the perfect place to work. If you get your work done, you can pretty much do whatever you want. If you're the type that needs constant direction, recognition and validation (like the other Timegate Glassdoor reviewers) you will most likely end up unhappy.

Good days and long days

I have been working at Timegate Studios

Pros: -Free soda! -Free lunch and dinner! -Great coworkers -Get to make video games! Cons: -Crunch time -Communication could be better Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Wasted Potential

Web Developer (Former Employee)

I worked at Timegate Studios

Pros: Overall talented peers and individuals - artists, designers and programmers alike Free beverages Due… Cons: Management needs anger management, I've personally been threatened 5 times with HR write ups for missing deadlines on tasks that were to my knowledge completed.… Advice to Senior Management: My folks once told me, if you can't speak in a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Timegate Studios.

Worked for Timegate Studios? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Timegate Studios reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Timegate Studios CEO Adel Chaveleh. All reviews posted anonymously by Timegate Studios employees.