There are newer employer reviews for Timegate Studios

Not Much to Complain About.

Current Employee - Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
Current Employee - Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Timegate Studios full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Laid back atmosphere.
- Coworkers are the nicest and most helpful people anyone could hope to work with.
- Despite what some say, management really tries to come up with ways to keep everyone happy, with surprise activities, free soda/gourmet coffee/dinner, pitchfest, social activities, etc.
- Competitive pay. IMO, slightly higher than industry when taking in to account the cost of living in Houston.

Cons

- Senior management has unrealistic expectations considering Timegate's status in the industry. Because of that, their attitude seems to be "my way or the highway".

To upper management-

First off, come to work. When you are out of the office as many days as you are in, it gives off the message that you don't want to be there, you don't care about the success of the projects, you expect the employees to work harder/care more than you, and that you're just there for the paycheck. If you do happen to come in, try and make it for more than a couple of hours. 12:00 - 4:00 does not count.

To mid-upper management-

Reality check. Despite what you think it WILL hurt you to lose us. Considering the fact that no one in senior management has ever had a job outside of Timegate, and they really don't have any talent, accomplishments, or skills aside from years ofecterience which ultimately led to their high-ranking titles. Coming in on a weekend during crunch time to ask what you can do to help (or just being seen trying to help) would go a lot further than dropping off food.

To job hunters-
If you are a self-motivated worker, then Timegate is the perfect place to work. If you get your work done, you can pretty much do whatever you want. If you're the type that needs constant direction, recognition and validation (like the other Timegate Glassdoor reviewers) you will most likely end up unhappy.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Timegate Studios (View Most Recent)

Good days and long days

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sugar Land, TX

I have been working at Timegate Studios

Pros

-Free soda!
    -Free lunch and dinner!
    -Great coworkers
    -Get to make video games!

Cons

-Crunch time
    -Communication could be better

Wasted Potential

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Sugar Land, TX
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Sugar Land, TX

I worked at Timegate Studios

Pros

Overall talented peers and individuals - artists, designers and programmers alike
    Free beverages
    Due to the turnover rate, one takes on new roles and responsibilities quickly

Cons

Management needs anger management, I've personally been threatened 5 times with HR write ups for missing deadlines on tasks that were to my knowledge completed. His attitude successfully robs you of any sense of accomplishment, so it feels very much like a Death March week to week, iteration to iteration. I'm already past burn out.
    Policy enforcement seems very here-say and voluntary, especially when Management violates the same Policies it enforces - still not out of the woods from that. Or when conflicting to policy orders come from the President himself, such as pushing out marketing changes to the sites and portals.
    The salary no longer satisfies the 50-60 hour work weeks and the level of drama as of day-to-day.

My folks once told me, if you can't speak in a constructive, positive, or polite and respectful tone, don't speak at all.

There are newer employer reviews for Timegate Studios

Worked for Timegate Studios? Contribute to the Community!