www.tampabay.com
  www.tampabay.com
There are newer employer reviews for Times Publishing Co.

Times Publishing Co.

I have been working at Times Publishing Co.

Pros

The Staff is very helpful to new people. Great room for advancement, My first month there I was offered another job but declined to continue working up the department I am assigned too.

Cons

Staffer turnover rate is high partly because they will not start anyone full-time. The department I am in starts new people at 18 hours, but after you "prove" yourself a 1000 hour spot should be no problem.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Times Publishing Co. (View Most Recent)

Good company to start your career

Current Employee - Webmaster in Erie, PA
    Current Employee - Webmaster in Erie, PA

I have been working at Times Publishing Co. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Small company - you get to know almost everyone
    Opportunities to learn about how your role in the company affects the business as a whole

Cons

Not a lot of opportunities to advance
    Understaffed in many areas - IT, newsroom, marketing to be specific

Advertising Sales Rep-Outside

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Times Publishing Co. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Company Values, Work/Life Balance, People, Integrity, Largest Newspaper in the Southeast, Bonus Structure, CEO, and upper management, flexibility and freedom, vacation.

Cons

Base salary, my direct sales manager led by fear, and was a bully, benefits are awful, they do not match 401K, no REAL training programs, no way to move up nor make more money, set unrealistic goals making it near impossible to make your numbers, no territory change over, always stuck with same old territory, award winning was political, and the same old people always won. Lots of turn-over with sales reps because unrealistic goals and low base salaries, and poor compensation on gas. Layoffs and loss of pay several times.

Make sure the sales managers are providing a atmosphere that is encouraging and motivating. Managing with fear tactics doesn't work. Create a development program so that there is something to aspire to be, and you will keep good talent. Figure out a way to increase the base salary at least into the low 40's.

There are newer employer reviews for Times Publishing Co.