www.tampabay.com
  www.tampabay.com
There are newer employer reviews for Times Publishing Co.

Newspapers are failing becuase they missed the opportunity to bring themselves out of the dark ages 25 years ago.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

I worked at Times Publishing Co.

Pros

The quality of the news reports are excellent.

Cons

Management does not respect or care about workers at the low end of pay the scale. Approximately 60% of total compensation goes to upper management. It is an organization that does like change. It is best to do as you are told and forget about expressing your opinion. If you do express your opinion and disagree with the establishment , it will cost you in the end.

Get rid of your middle managers that "brow beat" the employees.

5 Other Employee Reviews for Times Publishing Co. (View Most Recent)

Great Place for an Internship

Former Employee - Editorial in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Editorial in New York, NY

I worked at Times Publishing Co.

Pros

As an intern, you can be given a lot of responsibility and opportunities to prove yourself. Also, upper-level employees are very supportive and willing to share career information and advice. One of the best features of the summer internship program is the speaker series, when various people from different magazines and positions within the company at large come and tell the inter class about their career paths, what's going on in the industry, and how to achieve what they've achieved. Another nice aspect of working at Time Inc seems to be that once you're within the company, it's fairly easy to move around between different brands.

Cons

This is the case in most of the magazine industry, but obviously the pay isn't amazing at the lower levels.

None

Times Publishing Co.

I have been working at Times Publishing Co.

Pros

The Staff is very helpful to new people. Great room for advancement, My first month there I was offered another job but declined to continue working up the department I am assigned too.

Cons

Staffer turnover rate is high partly because they will not start anyone full-time. The department I am in starts new people at 18 hours, but after you "prove" yourself a 1000 hour spot should be no problem.

There are newer employer reviews for Times Publishing Co.