Timken in AZ is a joke!

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Tucson, AZ
Former Employee - Project Manager in Tucson, AZ

I worked at Timken

Pros

Excellent pay, benefits and good co-workers.

Cons

Incompetent Arizona management. Constant turn over and loss of amazing talent. Working for Timken was nothing less than working for almost a dot com start-up.

Get act together, workforce is low morale.

Other Reviews for Timken

Great benefits with great pay.

Former Employee - Machine Operator/Setter  in  Sylvania, GA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator/Setter in Sylvania, GA

I worked at Timken

Pros

Timken is a great place to work. The pay is the best you will find in this area. You would have to travel at least 60 miles to find a company that even comes close to this payscale. Over all the people are good to work for. In a short time it's like being part of a big family. At their greatest they employed 500 people and over time you would get to know almost everyone. It was like a very small town. I wish with all my heart that this stupid economy hadn't got so bad. It was like a death when I lost my job due to "economic downturn" and I'm still in mourning.

Cons

Every company has a downside I guess. I miss my job so much it's hard to remember the bad things.I still think all the benefits outweighed any of the everyday annoying things that got on my nerves. Sometimes management didn't always treat everyone the same. Like overlooking attendance problems for certain employees. And sometimes when a job advancement came up they would already have that certain person in mind for the job before it was even posted. And sometimes you worked so closely with people you spent more time with them than your own families, and of course like family they would sometimes get on your last nerve. God I wish I was back there now. I don't think they would ever get on my nerves again.

I guess they are doing the best they can. Just remember to be fair and that all the employees have feelings and families.

Timken - Where You Are Turned Out

Former Employee - Operations Manager  in  Mesa, AZ
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Mesa, AZ

I worked at Timken

Pros

Timken offers above average salary, compensation and benefits. Those who fit the corporate culture are offered advanced off-site training and development. Facilities are generally clean and offer adequate break spaces and vending machines. Office space for managers is nice, and cubes are decent. Supplies are ordered consistently. Parking is abundant and secure.

Cons

Timken offers little job stability. Frequent mergers and acqusitions create high involuntary and voluntary turnover. Those that remain exhibit survivor guilt and job protection mentality and behavior. Warehouse and technical training and certification is non-existent, which is disturbing since the company makes airplane parts. Timken reports higher than average safety violations and injuries, even deaths.

Corporate needs to pay more attention to long-term strategic direction. Short-term focus has compromised quality, which has life and death impact for an aerospace manufacturer.

There are newer employer reviews for Timken.

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!