Timken

I worked at Timken

Pros

stable company
not too automotive oriented
good benifits
good time off
manufacturing facilities all over
willing to make decisions to survive

Cons

only seems to be concerned with one product and that is tapered roller bearings. If you do not support that product line, there is a good chance your product line will be eliminated.

Advice to Management

please stop keeping people in the dark with what is going on. People need to be aware of possible layoffs. The rumore mill gets old fast. Not enough communication at the plant level.

reviews filtered by
  1. failure certain for outdated timken

Current Employee - Customer Service in Canton, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Canton, OH

I have been working at Timken

Pros

great salary and friendly coworkers

Cons

lack of respect, terribly outdated senior management, not enough women in sr management, don't listen to their employees, lack of consistency in treatment of individuals

Advice to Management

hire someone who thinks differently than you do and actually listen to them.

Great benefits with great pay.

Former Employee - Machine Operator/Setter in Sylvania, GA
    Former Employee - Machine Operator/Setter in Sylvania, GA

I worked at Timken

Pros

Timken is a great place to work. The pay is the best you will find in this area. You would have to travel at least 60 miles to find a company that even comes close to this payscale. Over all the people are good to work for. In a short time it's like being part of a big family. At their greatest they employed 500 people and over time you would get to know almost everyone. It was like a very small town. I wish with all my heart that this stupid economy hadn't got so bad. It was like a death when I lost my job due to "economic downturn" and I'm still in mourning.

Cons

Every company has a downside I guess. I miss my job so much it's hard to remember the bad things.I still think all the benefits outweighed any of the everyday annoying things that got on my nerves. Sometimes management didn't always treat everyone the same. Like overlooking attendance problems for certain employees. And sometimes when a job advancement came up they would already have that certain person in mind for the job before it was even posted. And sometimes you worked so closely with people you spent more time with them than your own families, and of course like family they would sometimes get on your last nerve. God I wish I was back there now. I don't think they would ever get on my nerves again.

Advice to Management

I guess they are doing the best they can. Just remember to be fair and that all the employees have feelings and families.