Timken

www.timken.com

So far, so good

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Canton, OH

ProsI haven't been there long, but so far it's been a great environment. Learning and development are encouraged and managers try to make sure employees they find roles for employees that ensure they are challenged. I've sought out new opportunities within my role and haven't had any trouble getting them. I've been given a lot of responsibility, which I really like and which has given me exposure to upper level management as well.

Since the company is so large, there are plenty of opportunities to move around among different functional areas. In fact, that's encouraged because it makes a more well-rounded employee. Managers are supportive of these types of moves, or stretch assignments. I have found there is always an open dialogue about what I want in my career and what type of support I will need in order to get it. I feel very supported.

ConsCommunication could be better. The company is very conservative, so some areas of the business feel that they haven't been told about certain issues. The management team likes to keep things quiet, but as an employee, I would rather have a full understanding of what is going on so I feel more connected with the company.

In addition, since the company is so conservative, I've found that the culture isn't very diverse. At least that's what I've found in my building. I would prefer to find myself in an environment that is more culturally and ethnically diverse since that could lead to more well-rounded perspectives in decision-making processes.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to have more open communication with the employees. The more information employees have, the better they understand how their jobs fit within the business and, usually, the better they perform.

Try to place more focus on recruiting for a more diverse work-place.

Face time seems to be valued a lot. I value working smarter, not harder, so it can be frustrating that many employees work from home after the work day ends or over the weekend. It's also frustrating that that behavior is expected. Try to place more emphasis on efficient work rather than time spent on the work - you will attract better employees that way.

Still rolling along

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Canton, OH

I worked at Timken

Pros: Challenging work, striving for growth, ethics and integrity Cons: In the quest for growth, has lost touch with the "human side" of the… Advice to Senior Management: People are at the root of your success. Get… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Tax Analyst Timken

Tax Analyst (Current Employee) Canton, OH

I have been working at Timken

Pros: The company is loyal to the community and is generally profitable, is… Cons: Promotions are slow in coming, and generally are politically motivated.… Advice to Senior Management: The internal lines of communication should be more vertical. Top… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Timken.

Worked for Timken? Contribute to the Community!