Terrible Security Company

Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Security Officer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Titan Security Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy assignments Locally based Easy hiring prcedure The building I worked in had very nice tenants Locations in the loop and the suburbs

Cons

A year ago the large security company I worked for lost the account at the building I worked at and Titan came in. Immediatley I was warned by associates at other companies to stay clear of Titan. I should have taken their advice. Titan is the worst run security company I have ever worked for. They have tried to not pay the contract rate for all current employees. When they do pay you your check always has errors on it. Not just myself but all the staff at the building I work at. They have issues with telling the truth. Finally, if you are an educated, experienced employee you will have a hard time moving up. The few promotions that they do have are "reserved" for Senior Managements friends from past companies. It is a career death trap.

Advice to Management

The number one thing Titan can do to be a better company to work for is be honest.

Titan Security Group Response

Apr 3, 2014 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that your experience has not been a positive one so far. We are looking into the issues you shared and will work actively to improve them.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Security Officer

I have been working at Titan Security Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful office staff. Vacation time after a year. They promote from within. Always paid on time unlike other security companies and if they do make a mistake they try to fix it right away.

Cons

If someone calls off you have to hold over but that's any security company. I just am not a big fan of the overnight shift.

Titan Security Group Response

Apr 3, 2014 – HR Administrator

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to see that you are having a good experience with our company and hope to keep it that way. Glad to have you as part of Titan!

2. A good temporary job

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Titan Security Group full-time

Pros

Flexible hours Above minimum wage pay Company attempts to care

Cons

Some sites are terribly underpaid Although company claims to stick to employees side, ends up rooting for the client Poor choice in picking site supervisors

Advice to Management

Please increase wages in sites with heavy work demands and promote from within.