There are newer employer reviews for TitleMax

An easy way for a motivated individual to make a great salary

Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - General Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at TitleMax

Pros

The hours are amazing! All stores close at 7 on weekdays, only 10-4 on Saturday and closed Sunday! Managers work a schedule of 1 week you work 5 and a half days, (every other Saturday) the week after u work 4 days a week. Work\life balance hello! So this week I'm off Sunday, Tuesday, Saturday. Then Sunday I'm off as well, then that week I work thro Saturday. If your from retail this is a dream come true. Not to mention the workload is NOTHING compared to retail. So your only managing a staff of up to 3 ppl. And I'll be honest, this job is so easy a monkey could do it so u can hire people u really enjoy being around who are reliable. <-- uh huh. I said it. This job is simply data entry and customer calling. If u have complaints about this job, your 1 confused individual :)

Cons

It's hard to say there is any. About once a week we do field visits where you send ur employees to customers houses who we cant get in contact with who haven't paid. They get paid for mileage graciously. Then they ring the doorbell and ask if "they've been ok" cuz we haven't heard from them. They ask if they want to speak w the general manager and hand them the store cell phone. This part of the job when I first started made me nervous. But all these ppl u visit become friends so it's not an uncomfortable situation and they never answer their door anyway. And when they do they know who we are and usually invite us in which we cant do but you get the point. Plus, It's an office job w lots of sitting. Bring your coffee maker.

Advice to Management

My DMs have PERSONALITY. They are not scared to have fun and let their guard down. thank god for titlemax

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The worst place I have ever worked

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at TitleMax

Pros

When you get your own store, there is money to be made....and Sundays off

Cons

There is no work-life balance. Managers are expected to work one week at 6-days from 830-7 and then the next week, 4 days their weeks start on Thursday and end of Wednesday, so you will be off 2 days in a 14-day time span. You basically sit at a desk all day long and in the morning, you have to show that you have called people even though they don't answer your call or their # is disconnected....when that is done, you wait all day for someone new to walk in or you take a payment and try to get them to get more money and get further into debt and then at night, you call those same people that didnt answer the phone in the morning. After several days of no response, you go knock on their door to see when they will come in to pay....you go alone on this trip...very unsafe

Advice to Management

look at the time committment you are asking your GMs to make

its okay

Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at TitleMax

Pros

Pay is good, no sundays, basic job so it may be easy

Cons

no respect for family time.
    you get a "just a number" feeling
    no communication
    they promote the possibility to promote but when you show interest of promoting youre ignored.

Advice to Management

Communicate more and show more interest in employees personal growth.