There are newer employer reviews for TitleMax

Very happy corporate employee!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Savannah, GA

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Privately held company experiencing tremendous growth. This company provides a culture that fosters teamwork, creativity and pride in everyday work. What an opportunity to put your thumb-print on development of a growing company. Income potential is high for those who are performers. I definitely feel that I'm working with the best of the best in my industry.

Cons

I can't comment on any cons to working for this company. While there are always growing pains associated with expansion, I view this as an opportunity to get creative and to shine in my profession.

172 Other Employee Reviews for TitleMax (View Most Recent)

Mismanaged, poorly organized, inexperienced in Las Vegas market.

Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Store Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Initially the company offered a competitive salary with attractive bonus packages. These included a base pay plus commission. $30k base with a percentage of store profits.

I found the regional manager, James Placek, to be both informative and easily accessible.

Cons

These salary requirements were unfulfilled by the employer. Even after these issues were brought to attention they took no action.

Inability to reach district managers. Power outage? No returned call. No video security? No returned call.

Understand the market you are entering before massive expansion. Experiences in Georgia, Tennessee, etc may not be as relevant in Nevada or Arizona. Develop a staff and actually listen to them. They are your connection to the market.

Incredible opportunity for those willing to put in the effort!!!

Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - General Manager in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I've worked for TitleMax for over a year now and still love the company. I was hired on as a General Manger and followed all the training provided and utilized all the systems given to me and have been very successful. The company provides all the training required including in depth sales training and online courses. This is metrics driven company and they base your compensation on performance. The company provides evaluations on a monthly basis to help improve and coach you. The low base salary scares some folks away but the reality is simple, if you do half of what they tell you to do, you are successful. I would recommend anyone interested to check out the company and ask around to current employees what they think. Everyone from General Manager and down is given every opportunity to advance, as long as they perform. I balance my business to have a work life balance you only have to work exhausting hours if you’re not following the systems.

Cons

This job is not for everyone, if you haven’t been successful before at sales or driven enough to earn what you think you deserve you will fail plain and simple. All the negative reviews might have some truth to them but the reality is that if you’re not willing to follow the systems or you try to reinvent the wheel, this is not the job for you. This job requires some sweat equity, if not you will never come close to earning six figures.

In the San Antonio Market continue what youre doing it works!

There are newer employer reviews for TitleMax