TitleMax

There are newer employer reviews for TitleMax

Great Company and Great Pay

Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Irving, TX
Current Employee - Online Sales Representative in Irving, TX

I have been working at TitleMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

I've experienced both sides of TitleMax, the field operations and corporate. There's so much room to grow within the company no matter what side you are on, the possibilities of growth are essentially what you want. Pay is great especially the bonuses. Hours are reasonable, and you're not treated like a slave. Most of the time you will get every weekend off too which gives you some type of life/work balance. Also, customers come first and I really appreciate that but an employee stand point. Overall I have worked for other companies in the industry and they couldn't pay me enough to come back.

Cons

Sometimes the field can be stressful, but what job isn't stressful in their own way.

Keep growing and so I can get more money!

216 Other Employee Reviews for TitleMax (View Most Recent)

I've had Worse Jobs (CSR Alabama)

I have been working at TitleMax

Pros

The staff is friendly, DM and RM are very accesible. GMs and SMs are understanding to the fact that the job can be very difficult at times so they try to be accomodating in the terms of scheduling and PTO requests. If you can advance their is a great oppourtunity to make money. If you perform well you will see it in your pay.

Cons

Very strict corporate demands, they always want more, never wanting to put money into their stores, ALL MARKETING COMES OUT OF MANAGMENT'S POCKETS. Not very keen on taking ideas from the stores.

EVERYTHING trickles down to the CSR , accounts management, collections, marketing, inventoring repos.

They have really strict requirements on their recruiting and tend to hire people outside of the company to become management.

Truly listen to the recomendations from the people on the frontlines everyday. This is the best company in the industry however, it can be better.

In terms of employee retension if they were to look within the company for their management more often they would have better results. True enough not everyone is management material but if they were given management training they could be.

I am willing to bet that a manager that started as a young CSR would last longer, be more knowledgable of the company, and be more apt to do whatever is in the best interest of the company.

Lastly be a little more considerate of the tremendous expectaions you have of your management. Yes, some are well paid but all put forward the efforts to make sure your demands are met. Certain things like location and demographic can really alter the outcomes of their efforts.

A must read for anyone considering his employer

Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - General Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at TitleMax full-time (more than a year)

Pros

For Customer Service Reps, Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager you only work 40 per week. The work week runs Thursday through Wednesday. For General Managers depending on the size of your staff you work 48 hours or more per week. Or more means there is no limit to the number of hours you may put in. You will work at least every other Saturday.

There is a chance to move up but but warned he company does not just promote from within.

The benefits are decent. Benefits do not start immediately.

You get to meet a lot o different people since (at least in Texas) all loans and payments mud be completed in the office.

Cons

For CSR's - You will put a lot of miles on your vehicle since one of your job duties is to visit late clients at both home and work. This can put you face-to-face with irate customers.

Upper management (anyone above a GM) has no idea how to do the day to day activities of a store. The DM can't even help out and take payments when you have an office full of customers waiting for service.

For GM's this is not a place that provides a good life balance.

The SM's do not get paid enough.

There is a high turn over rate with this company. Very few people overall have been with the company for any length of time.

This type of business (regardless of what they try to tell you) is a predatory lending business. Why? All you have to do is look at how SM's and above get paid. Part of their pay is based on the dollar amount of new loans. Management is constantly pushing the employees to push as much money on the customer as they can. If someone qualifies for a $5,000.00 loan and cam in wanting $1,000.00 they want you to push the full $5,000.00 on the customer - even when their only source of income is SSI and make less than $1,000.00 a month. Then what happens when they can't pay? They lose their vehicle.

Think long and hard about what your willing to do for a paycheck. Several people I have spoken with, including my own opinion, is that, if we would have known what we were really getting into we wouldn't have signed on.

Don't assume you know everything that is going on. There are things that happen that state auditors would like to know about.

DM's - know the job of those under you. Instead of sitting there in a store looking clueless and useless when there is an office full of customers needing assistance - know how to help.

Lead by example. You want your GM's working 50 plus hours a week then don't leave everyday by 5pm.

There are newer employer reviews for TitleMax