There are newer employer reviews for TitleVest

Current Employee Review

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I’ve worked for TitleVest for over 5 years and honestly cannot disagree more with many of the reviews on this forum. There are a number of examples of individuals making their way up the company’s ladder. TitleVest operates in an industry that is results driven and requires similar results from its employees. If an employee gives it their all, they can find themselves in an supervisory position without all of the politics that surround promotions that you would find in large companies. Alternatively, TitleVest offers a number of positions for individuals looking to simply support themselves through grad school or while they seek out careers in the Arts.

I enjoy working with individuals that are smart, goal oriented and social. I don’t necessarily enjoy all of the work I do (I work in IT, so I enjoy most of it), but one of the things that drives me to continue working for TitleVest, I get to work with a great, diverse and social team.

When looking for a job, no one looks at whether they can make friends while working there. I’ve made many friends at TitleVest and enjoy the fact that I am not just a cog in the wheel. My opinion matters and acted upon when appropriate. I also take comfort in the fact that everyone, from the typists to CEO, is approachable and generally interested in me as a person.

Cons

Stress – There have been a number of posts on this forum that attribute their failure at this firm to stress. TitleVest is a small-medium sized company and expects accurate, on time results from its employees (something every for-profit company expects). Over the last few years, the bar has been set pretty high. It could be quite stressful to meet these standards, if you are new to an environment such as the one there.

Additional involvement in some of the backend politics that seem to exist in all companies - Reading through many of the posts on this site, it appears that many of them surround interactions or perceived neglect from supervisors or their peers. I do not propose becoming directly involved, but wish management would look to be made aware of situations where employees are unhappy working in a particular position or in a particular department and help resolve the situation.

20 Other Employee Reviews for TitleVest (View Most Recent)

The Real Deal

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at TitleVest full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve been with TitleVest for over three years now, and although I don’t usually comment on anonymous opinions about movies or politics or whatever, I read the reviews on this site and had to write in. I actually googled the company to make sure there weren’t two TitleVests, because a lot of these “reviews” describe a really different company (if not a different reality!).

When I started, I came in at the ground floor and worked hard, asked for more responsibilities and got them, moved up in positions, changed departments, and obviously got raises and bonuses too. It’s NOT a dead-end place. If you want to work up to a higher standard than probably you’ve ever had before, then you’ll succeed. If you’re sloppy and/or spend time surfing the web, you’ll eventually get fired. What’s so “horrible” about that?

The number of people working here has tripled in the past year, when lots of other places aren’t hiring at all or are firing people. It seems to me that these people complaining about getting into a growing company with good technology, laid-back, intelligent people, and higher-ups that seem to really care what’s going on, they must have been fired for slacking, or they’ve never worked here at all and they’re just trolling for drama.

Pros:
    Growth = Opportunity. A bunch of supervisors started out on the ground floor.

Casual dress code.

Smart, social people that work great together and hang out socially, too.

Upper management isn’t a bunch of gray hairs – they’re real and grounded. They do upper management stuff and also “regular people” stuff like taking new client orders, making copies, making coffee for other people, etc. You need a mentor, you get one.

Diversity: this is the most diverse company I’ve ever seen, from ground level up, people of different colors, ethnicities, sexual orientations, people from different countries.

Cons

Stress: High, high professional standard to meet, fast and perfect work expected. BUT, there’s no “one strike you’re out” rule. You get trained, ask questions, have mistakes pointed out so you don’t make them again, and you get chances to improve. There are over 100 people working here, so the standard obviously isn’t impossible to meet!

Pay: Hourly pay seems to start lower than you want, but reviews happen twice a year, and especially if you take on higher roles, you’ll see your pay rate rise. (Bonuses at the end of year, too.)

SPACE: SERIOUSLY cramped for desk space for almost the past year. Supposed to add another floor this fall, so hopefully that con will go away (with the added stress!).

Appreciation: Actually has gotten better over the last year, with free social things like bowling, holiday party at a local bar, etc., but also each person needs more personal appreciation. Sometimes the only thing you hear from a supervisor or upper management that week is critiques of what you did wrong. More “thank you’s” would be nice.

Save Yourself

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at TitleVest

Pros

Relaxed dresscode. While the majority of people are horrendous there are a handful that are amazing and will be a beacon of light in what is otherwise hell on earth.

Cons

Unbelievably high expectations are set for some people while others - “supervisors” - stroll around like they are above doing work. So called “supervisors” are young, caddy, immature and are not fit for the title. If you are not a chosen favorite you might as well quit because you will be scrutinized day in and day out by your “supervisor”, even if you are doing above par work, and some scrutiny may be on a personal level not even pertaining to your job. Yes, that is correct people who are supposed to be your boss will openly talk about you in a negative way with your coworkers. This does not pertain to all supervisors working at TV, some are amazing, but some should really be reassessed.

It is also a dead end job. Really no room for growth once you hit a certain point.

Stop playing favorites. Try for a more professional atmosphere; one where people who are chosen for a supervisory role are fit to lead others. Not children who, for whatever the reason may be, are intimidated by the people who work for them therefore try and beat them down, because in the end you will continue to lose smart, educated people due to interoffice drama.

There are newer employer reviews for TitleVest

Worked for TitleVest? Contribute to the Community!