Tocquigny

www.tocquigny.com
  www.tocquigny.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tocquigny

Had a great all-round interning experience

Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company's small size allowed for me to take on a lot of work outside of my role, which gave me a valuable insight into all the different cogs of the industry. I was given a lot more responsibility than I would have been given elsewhere, and always felt as though the team trusted me with it. I learned a great deal about the digital advertising industry as a whole, rather than the more selective knowledge I would have gained working for only one section of a big agency.

Office morale is great, with events like Free Beer Friday to keep the mood generally lighthearted even through times of general stress. There's also All Hens' meetings every Monday for the purpose of going over areas that need to be improved and future goals for the agency to keep the team focused.

Cons

Communication can be a bit difficult because you either have to call or come to their desk, so it's always a guessing game of trying to find the best time to interrupt them. However meetings are easily scheduled on Outlook so that's a very minor con.

44 Other Employee Reviews for Tocquigny (View Most Recent)

Good Experience for Interns; Horrible Environment and People

Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

-Great experience for interns and that's it

Cons

-Lack of communication: Unlike most places, they don't have an IM client installed, so you have to either call or walk over to each other's desk. It's not a problem, but some workers have an attitude and act like you're bothering them, even though you're trying to help them.

-Untrustworthy and catty coworkers (Digital Media department in particular): They're quick to degrade current and former employees and that INCLUDES talking negatively about other interns in front of interns. They're also extremely cliquish, it's like high school. It's hard going into work everyday thinking that everyone is talking about you. To be honest, they're mostly fake.

-Even the interns don't like it: I've talked with former interns and we all agree that the experience gained is extraordinary, but no one likes who they work with

-Failed Measured Approach: Not concerned with the client's best interests. Instead of being truthful about the impact of implemented efforts, they try to find any increase no matter how little it's relevancy is to the actual campaign/report.

-Turnover is crazy high: I've never worked at a place where turnover is so high. Employees at the most spend a year there. Almost every week another one bites the dust.

I could go on about the cons of this place, but as for now, these are the most outstanding problems.

Your internship program isn't as robust as you think it is. Choose better mentors. Witnessing a mentor talk negatively about their own intern and assistant really shows their true colors and intentions. Implement some

You are disposable

Former Employee - Disposable Human in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Disposable Human in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The view is nice from the tall building. The pay is fine--but it's like danger pay. You'll never have to worry about a salary-performance review, because you won't be around that long.

Cons

There is an unbelievable level of churn with the staff, and since there is, there is a pervasive feeling that you're a temp, rather than an employee. There is no sense of loyalty. Since there are almost no long-term employees, despite the age of the agency, there is no ingrained corporate culture to learn, absorb or grown with; like I found at GSD&M and T3. Don't believe me, ask anyone who used to work there who they worked for/with, and you probably won't recognize any of the names, because they are all gone. There is no true brand. There is definitely no process, since the ever-new staff creates a new one every few months. The agency stands for nothing other than a desperate desire to stay in business from one dead-end client to the next one.... The creative department from 2010-2012 went through 100% turnover. The account managers from 2010-2012 went through 90% turnover. A new, has-been creative director gets shipped in regularly and dumps the whole department. A new burnout accounts director shows up with all his/her baggage and attitude and dumps the whole department. And then the owners dump said directors and the whole tragic things starts all over again. How can prospective clients be comforted by that? You're literally not hiring an agency, since it's a revolving door of people. You might as well hire a bunch of free lancers. And the internal politics are the worst. You don't know who has your back or who might be stabbing you in the back. So if you're thinking about going to work there, know that you will be a temporary employee and you will need to have a parachute ready at all times. Worst of all, there is no one -- not one single person out of the hundreds of people that have worked there in the past five years alone that can read this and find fault with a single word. Lots of bad karma. You have been warned.

Read a book on managing creative talent. There are a few on sale at amazon.com. Other than that, come to the realization that you are dealing with real people with lives and responsibilities. They come to work for you to excel, but you offer no leadership or management talent, no career, no future.... It's really just pathetic.

There are newer employer reviews for Tocquigny