Tocquigny

www.tocquigny.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tocquigny

Had a great all-round interning experience

Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I worked at Tocquigny full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The company's small size allowed for me to take on a lot of work outside of my role, which gave me a valuable insight into all the different cogs of the industry. I was given a lot more responsibility than I would have been given elsewhere, and always felt as though the team trusted me with it. I learned a great deal about the digital advertising industry as a whole, rather than the more selective knowledge I would have gained working for only one section of a big agency.

Office morale is great, with events like Free Beer Friday to keep the mood generally lighthearted even through times of general stress. There's also All Hens' meetings every Monday for the purpose of going over areas that need to be improved and future goals for the agency to keep the team focused.

Cons

Communication can be a bit difficult because you either have to call or come to their desk, so it's always a guessing game of trying to find the best time to interrupt them. However meetings are easily scheduled on Outlook so that's a very minor con.

47 Other Employee Reviews for Tocquigny (View Most Recent)

Current Employee with a Positive Perspective

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Flexibility
    Work environment
    Employees are great to work with

Cons

Normal challenges when working for a small company.

Continue making changes that are best for employees and the overall success of the organization.

Good Experience for Interns; Horrible Environment and People

Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Intern in Austin, TX

I have been working at Tocquigny as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

-Great experience for interns and that's it

Cons

-Lack of communication: Unlike most places, they don't have an IM client installed, so you have to either call or walk over to each other's desk. It's not a problem, but some workers have an attitude and act like you're bothering them, even though you're trying to help them.

-Untrustworthy and catty coworkers (Digital Media department in particular): They're quick to degrade current and former employees and that INCLUDES talking negatively about other interns in front of interns. They're also extremely cliquish, it's like high school. It's hard going into work everyday thinking that everyone is talking about you. To be honest, they're mostly fake.

-Even the interns don't like it: I've talked with former interns and we all agree that the experience gained is extraordinary, but no one likes who they work with

-Failed Measured Approach: Not concerned with the client's best interests. Instead of being truthful about the impact of implemented efforts, they try to find any increase no matter how little it's relevancy is to the actual campaign/report.

-Turnover is crazy high: I've never worked at a place where turnover is so high. Employees at the most spend a year there. Almost every week another one bites the dust.

I could go on about the cons of this place, but as for now, these are the most outstanding problems.

Your internship program isn't as robust as you think it is. Choose better mentors. Witnessing a mentor talk negatively about their own intern and assistant really shows their true colors and intentions. Implement some

There are newer employer reviews for Tocquigny