Tolt Service Group
www.toltsolutions.com Charlotte, NC 500 to 999 Employees

Poor career decision detriment that was a complete waste of the many years working here.

Field Service Technician (Former Employee)

ProsCompany car dispatched from home.
Company paid gas card.
Pay checks do not bounce.
Direct deposit.
difficult to find 20 word minimum on Pros.

ConsSeveral years with this company and a complete career mistake. Always completing high call volume, great customer reviews, excellent performance reviews with one salary increase, one pay cut, 3 no increase years.
You can expect to be a senior guy within 6 months due to the high turnover rate.
You can expect your manager to tell you he’s working hard to get your promotion / raise but hands are tied then will put you on an escalation team causing you to put in more time off the clock managing response to after hour calls so the manager isn’t bothered on his day off.
You can expect to receive NO compensation for moving for the company to another service are to help the company do a better job for their customer. The move will be on your own, at your expense and on your time or get threatened with layoffs.
You can expect to hear complaints from many employees with managers that patronize you with very high technician turnover rate. Your manager also has never been in field service and has no clue as to what you need to do to get your job done, he only knows how to read a report and has no clue as to what is behind the number he reads on a report. You’re expected to be on call 24/7 with no compensation.
If you go work all day, get home, have a midnight service call, there is no overtime compensation. Your reward for getting out of bed in the middle of the night and leave your family is to get your hours cut later in the week to keep you at or under 40 hours although your expected to stay available 24/7.
Expect to have an extreme micro manager at least in my area. He is so insecure, when he goes on vacation he will tell you to be sure you and everyone is working because the company is looking at our area for layoffs.
Expect when calls are lite you will only get paid for time traveling time and time on site.
Expect a 50% DOA rate on parts received accept if it was repaired by an outside vendor. Also expect if you submit a DOA part using the system provided will start a finger pointing match on who is at fault.
Expect when there are calls to run but getting close to 40 hours you’ll be expected to run those calls off the clock. The conversation will go like this:
Emp: hello manager, I’m calling ahead of time to let you know there are calls to run and I will go into overtime to complete. MGR: Well, we need the calls completed but overtime is not approved. EMP: Travel time will put me over 40 so if I run the call it will put me over 40 hrs. MGR: I understand but they’re looking at layoffs and can’t approve overtime but need the calls completed. EMP: if I run the call I will go into overtime. MGR: Well, I can get someone else to run the call but won’t have any input when they have layoffs. RESULT, Employee runs call in fear of losing his job. Sends an email to his manager later stating he forgot to punch out and have his manager put time that keeps him under or at 40 hrs. Calls mysteriously get completed…

Advice to Senior ManagementExpect an even higher turnover rate when the economy turns around.

stepping stone

I have been working at Tolt Service Group

Pros: Company van, phone, netbook, gas card Cons: Always on call, Pay not to scale for the effort, work, headache, and corporate red tape, Terrible insurance plan that costs much and covers little.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Regional Service Technician

Regional Service Technician I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tolt Service Group full-time for more than a year

Pros: Company Vehicle, Laptop, gas card and cell phone. Freedom on… Cons: Completely unorganized from top to bottom. Since employed with Tolt I have been through 4 managers or supervisors in one year. Extreme work load. You… Advice to Senior Management: The techs are what keep your head above water. When good techs come along they will not stay long if they don't… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Tolt Service Group.

Worked for Tolt Service Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tolt Service Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tolt Service Group CEO Mark Slaven. All reviews posted anonymously by Tolt Service Group employees.