Great potential

Former Employee - Regional Service Tech II  in  Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Regional Service Tech II in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Tolt Service Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great customers and hardworking employees, that are not treated well.

Cons

The culture has been one of customer first most of my time with Tolt, it has changed to one driven by the bottom line

Please act before it;s too late

Other Reviews for Tolt Service Group

Tolt SG is not a career company,company is still ironing out issues

Former Employee - Regional Service Tech I  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Regional Service Tech I in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros

Pay is decent, but you can collect a paycheck anywhere.

Cons

At bench level, too many defective parts sent to the field . This makes it very frustrating for the technician to operate efficiently and deliver exceptional customer service. Technicians take too many hits for multiple issues, including failed parts sent to field, part required tickets, lack of appropriate van replenishment and having to order parts.Policies regarding servicing tickets always change. meaningless conference calls are a waste of time. Poor management whos favorite line is "We will deal with it tommorow". Management does not respond to or acknowledge technicians input. Company is clearly ironing issues out and still does not have the "parts" situation figured out.

Listen to your field service technicians. Get your parts figured out, and implement Quality Control. Clear up lack luster at bench level.Quit the conference calls because they dont offer much help.

Not a Career Company

Former Employee - Regional Deployment Tech II  in  Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Regional Deployment Tech II in Detroit, MI

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros

Work vehicle and gas card provided

Cons

Lack of respect from management team down to lower level employees. The company wants you to be on call at all times without any compensation. You can't have a personal life while you work here and you better be able to work days and nights all in the same week without any shift differential. Tolt always wants to stress the fact that they will lay people off as soon as work falls off, which doesn't create a sense of job security. They lack of respect for the lower level employees is down right appalling. There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I don't think this company will be extremely successful until they trim a large portion of the overhead. Tolt is a top heavy company which usually works lower level employees to death to meet lofty upper management expectations. Lastly, don't plan on working your way up the ladder here, they are looking for one thing and one thing only and that is physical laborers.

Think about more than just the bottom line when conducting business. To many times have projects been started without enough equipment or proper knowledge. I highly suggest to have training sessions on a monthly basis to ensure proper knowledge of projects. All aspects of the business need to be revamped to determine what can physically be done by the amount of personnel that they have to do it.

There are newer employer reviews for Tolt Service Group.

Worked for Tolt Service Group? Contribute to the Community!