There are newer employer reviews for Tolt Service Group

RST II

Current Employee - RST II in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - RST II in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Tolt Service Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Company vehicle, Gas card, company cell phone, company computer.

Cons

No pay raise , some defective parts. But things are improving

Keep improving, keep listening.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Tolt Service Group (View Most Recent)

Service Tech I

Current Employee - Regional Service Technician I
    Current Employee - Regional Service Technician I

I have been working at Tolt Service Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You got a company laptop, truck, gas card, cell phone and had somewhat flexible hours so long as ticket SLA's are being met. The co-workers were pretty good and a good way to learn some things about troubleshooting.

Cons

During my tenure I was underpaid, overworked and worked some really odd hours sometimes due to sev 1 or 2 tickets. Also the raises were horrible, there was no on call pay, no personal life most of the time (partly due to work ethic) and no overtime. Also, if your zone partner was off or useless you wouldn't always get a lot of sleep depending upon the zone.

Bad Parts, Poor Management, No Raises or Career Growth

Current Employee - RST II in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - RST II in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Tolt Service Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Customers have respect for you. (If you know what you are doing...)

Cons

This company has ongoing issues with parts availability and defective parts.

Management appears to have never worked in the field or customer service industry and has little to no respect for the technicians.

There is absolutely no career path within TOLT. There are people that have been with TOLT for several years that haven't seen a dime in the way of a salary increase, bonus, or cost of living adjustment.

The company expects you to pull a 40 hour work week at their discretion and expect you to be on-call 24x7. You do get overtime if you go over 40 hours, but they try to regulate your daily hours so that you never can achieve over 40 hours.

The benefits are bare bones and they don't match anything with their 401K plan.

You should take care of your technicians and address your parts issues before it is too late. Customers aren't blind and they will go with other service companies that have working parts and exceptional technicians. Provide your employees with a career path or at a minimum give them an incentive to stay with the company.

There are newer employer reviews for Tolt Service Group