Tolt Service Group

www.toltsolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tolt Service Group

ok as a starter company but dont plan on promotion from within

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL
Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros

they have "aquired " a rather large database of training resources to reinforce their training ie. HP/Dell/NCR materials so you can usually figure out the fault of the equiptment and not look totally foolish to the customer. Sometimes you can even get a more senior engineer to give you pointers.

Cons

dont plan on stopping for lunch my first year there I stopped 26 times for lunch (not that I could really afford to) both SLA and financially . Learn to be comfortable with the phrase Non Compensated Overtime as it might come up in your legal discussions after you leave the company
expect mgt. to use the idea of cost of living as your raise. overall I made less real money the longer I worked for them.(inflation)

start do more proactive training not reactive training for the projects you take on. ie. if you get a service or deployment contract make sure that the people that are expected to do the work atleast get some training more than the day before rollout,have parts-tools onhand the week before so they can be issued in a timely manner. just because mgt knows about the upcomming events shouldnt rank and file deserve the nod?

46 Other Employee Reviews for Tolt Service Group (View Most Recent)

Glad to be gone

Former Employee - Field Technician II
    Former Employee - Field Technician II

I worked at Tolt Service Group full-time

Pros

Company car-work from home-pay check never bounced

Cons

where do I start, they really just need to look at there techs as an asset and not expendable. After reading previous reviews I cant believe they have not been sued yet for making hourly technicians work OT with no compensation. I left because I didn't like the direction they were going and it does not seem to have changed.

if your smart, at minimum do what ever it takes to retain your good employee's. they are not expendable. your skating on thin ice not compensating for OT, look at what happen to NCR, yep they got sued and LOST!

Poor career decision detriment that was a complete waste of the many years working here.

Former Employee - Field Service Technician
    Former Employee - Field Service Technician

I worked at Tolt Service Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Company car dispatched from home.
    Company paid gas card.
    Pay checks do not bounce.
    Direct deposit.
    difficult to find 20 word minimum on Pros.

Cons

Several years with this company and a complete career mistake. Always completing high call volume, great customer reviews, excellent performance reviews with one salary increase, one pay cut, 3 no increase years.
    You can expect to be a senior guy within 6 months due to the high turnover rate.
    You can expect your manager to tell you he’s working hard to get your promotion / raise but hands are tied then will put you on an escalation team causing you to put in more time off the clock managing response to after hour calls so the manager isn’t bothered on his day off.
    You can expect to receive NO compensation for moving for the company to another service are to help the company do a better job for their customer. The move will be on your own, at your expense and on your time or get threatened with layoffs.
    You can expect to hear complaints from many employees with managers that patronize you with very high technician turnover rate. Your manager also has never been in field service and has no clue as to what you need to do to get your job done, he only knows how to read a report and has no clue as to what is behind the number he reads on a report. You’re expected to be on call 24/7 with no compensation.
    If you go work all day, get home, have a midnight service call, there is no overtime compensation. Your reward for getting out of bed in the middle of the night and leave your family is to get your hours cut later in the week to keep you at or under 40 hours although your expected to stay available 24/7.
    Expect to have an extreme micro manager at least in my area. He is so insecure, when he goes on vacation he will tell you to be sure you and everyone is working because the company is looking at our area for layoffs.
    Expect when calls are lite you will only get paid for time traveling time and time on site.
    Expect a 50% DOA rate on parts received accept if it was repaired by an outside vendor. Also expect if you submit a DOA part using the system provided will start a finger pointing match on who is at fault.
    Expect when there are calls to run but getting close to 40 hours you’ll be expected to run those calls off the clock. The conversation will go like this:
    Emp: hello manager, I’m calling ahead of time to let you know there are calls to run and I will go into overtime to complete. MGR: Well, we need the calls completed but overtime is not approved. EMP: Travel time will put me over 40 so if I run the call it will put me over 40 hrs. MGR: I understand but they’re looking at layoffs and can’t approve overtime but need the calls completed. EMP: if I run the call I will go into overtime. MGR: Well, I can get someone else to run the call but won’t have any input when they have layoffs. RESULT, Employee runs call in fear of losing his job. Sends an email to his manager later stating he forgot to punch out and have his manager put time that keeps him under or at 40 hrs. Calls mysteriously get completed…

Expect an even higher turnover rate when the economy turns around.

There are newer employer reviews for Tolt Service Group