Tolt Service Group

Poor Management

Former Employee - Regional Service Technician II in Livonia, MI
Former Employee - Regional Service Technician II in Livonia, MI

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros

Freedom that comes with driving to desired work locations. Fresh air all day because you can roll down your window. They provide work vehicle and gas card. Main contract is for Kroger, so you do get to be in grocery stores a lot if you need to do some shopping. The customer cares more about you than your company, so you do get a "feel good" sense when doing your job at times.

Cons

Too many layers of inexperienced management. Only dealt with two seperate managers on the local level. One was decent and began to get better before leaving. Current manager is lazy and displays very poor communication skills. Senior level of management seems to spend more time dictating what they see on paper and not being proactive in understanding what the employees are dealing with. In general, there is poor communication from all layers about job performance and expectations. Raises are few and far between. Suggestions seem to be taken as a grain of salt, in one ear and out the other. Hardly any positvie feedback occurs, which is very discouraging.

More consturctive feedback and acknowledgment of employee progress. Work with your local managers and the techinicians to improve your company. There is ALOT of "faked" work being done out there in hopes of people making their "numbers" look good. Understand that numbers can be a part of the game, but dont make it out as if its the sole basis of how you run things. Put just a little more focus and effort in your technicians and the possibilities for a bright future increase dramtically.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Tolt Service Group (View Most Recent)

ok as a starter company but dont plan on promotion from within

Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Field Engineer in Tampa, FL

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros

they have "aquired " a rather large database of training resources to reinforce their training ie. HP/Dell/NCR materials so you can usually figure out the fault of the equiptment and not look totally foolish to the customer. Sometimes you can even get a more senior engineer to give you pointers.

Cons

dont plan on stopping for lunch my first year there I stopped 26 times for lunch (not that I could really afford to) both SLA and financially . Learn to be comfortable with the phrase Non Compensated Overtime as it might come up in your legal discussions after you leave the company
    expect mgt. to use the idea of cost of living as your raise. overall I made less real money the longer I worked for them.(inflation)

start do more proactive training not reactive training for the projects you take on. ie. if you get a service or deployment contract make sure that the people that are expected to do the work atleast get some training more than the day before rollout,have parts-tools onhand the week before so they can be issued in a timely manner. just because mgt knows about the upcomming events shouldnt rank and file deserve the nod?

Glad to be gone

Former Employee - Field Technician II
    Former Employee - Field Technician II

I worked at Tolt Service Group full-time

Pros

Company car-work from home-pay check never bounced

Cons

where do I start, they really just need to look at there techs as an asset and not expendable. After reading previous reviews I cant believe they have not been sued yet for making hourly technicians work OT with no compensation. I left because I didn't like the direction they were going and it does not seem to have changed.

if your smart, at minimum do what ever it takes to retain your good employee's. they are not expendable. your skating on thin ice not compensating for OT, look at what happen to NCR, yep they got sued and LOST!

There are newer employer reviews for Tolt Service Group