Tolt Service Group
www.toltsolutions.com Charlotte, NC 500 to 999 Employees

Not a Career Company

Regional Deployment Tech II (Former Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsWork vehicle and gas card provided

ConsLack of respect from management team down to lower level employees. The company wants you to be on call at all times without any compensation. You can't have a personal life while you work here and you better be able to work days and nights all in the same week without any shift differential. Tolt always wants to stress the fact that they will lay people off as soon as work falls off, which doesn't create a sense of job security. They lack of respect for the lower level employees is down right appalling. There are too many chiefs and not enough Indians. I don't think this company will be extremely successful until they trim a large portion of the overhead. Tolt is a top heavy company which usually works lower level employees to death to meet lofty upper management expectations. Lastly, don't plan on working your way up the ladder here, they are looking for one thing and one thing only and that is physical laborers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink about more than just the bottom line when conducting business. To many times have projects been started without enough equipment or proper knowledge. I highly suggest to have training sessions on a monthly basis to ensure proper knowledge of projects. All aspects of the business need to be revamped to determine what can physically be done by the amount of personnel that they have to do it.

Poor Management

Regional Service Technician II (Former Employee)
    Livonia, MI

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros: Freedom that comes with driving to desired work locations. Fresh air all day because you can roll down your window. They provide work vehicle and… Cons: Too many layers of inexperienced management. Only dealt with two seperate managers on the local level. One was decent and began to get better before… Advice to Senior Management: More consturctive feedback and acknowledgment of employee progress. Work with your local managers and the techinicians to improve your company. There is ALOT of … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

ok as a starter company but dont plan on promotion from within

Field Engineer (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

I worked at Tolt Service Group

Pros: they have "aquired " a rather large database of training resources to reinforce their training ie. HP/Dell/NCR materials so you can usually figure out the… Cons: dont plan on stopping for lunch my first year there I stopped 26 times for lunch (not that I could really afford to) both SLA… Advice to Senior Management: start do more proactive training not reactive training for the projects you take on. ie. if you get a service or deployment contract … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Tolt Service Group.

Worked for Tolt Service Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tolt Service Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tolt Service Group CEO Mark Slaven. All reviews posted anonymously by Tolt Service Group employees.