Tom James Company
www.tomjames.com Franklin, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Tom James Company is a career not a job

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Tom James Company full-time for more than a year

ProsThe greatest sales organization in the world. Built soley on priciples and by charectar centered people. Though we are a massive salesforce (500+ worldwide) we maintain an extremely tight knit, family atmosphere. The people you meet within the company will be lifelong friends. You have the ability to write your own paychecks and schedules, and mingle with the most successful people in your city.

ConsLike anything worth having you have to work hard. There is absolutely no room for slackers or people who want 'vacation days.' If you want vacation days go teach 2nd grade science. At Tom James, you build your business from the ground up. When you become successful it is because you made it happen. If you fail, it is your fault. There is no micromanagement whatsoever so this job requires highly motivated people, with a hunger and drive for success. This is my first job out of college and will be my only job for the rest of my life. It is a lot of work, long hours, and endless rejection, but so is every other sales job in the world!

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not change a thing. This company is ran by first class people and I trust ever decision made at their end.

My career w/ TJ is 17yr.'s . . . Poor leadership and too political.

Sales/Management (Current Employee)
Washington, DC

I have been working at Tom James Company

Pros: Flexibility is great; control your own schedule. Cons: Poor leadership, concern only about bottom line ($$). Too… Advice to Senior Management: Treat people w/ sincere respect and appreciation. Promote leadership… More

I have become a better all around person by having a career with the Tom James Company.

Salesperson (Current Employee)
Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Tom James Company

Pros: Tom James is a great vehicle to get what you want out of life. Whether it is a large income, a balanced lifestyle, high net… Cons: Initially you do put your time in. It is a proven system that works. Discipline and mental… Advice to Senior Management: Keep listening to the people. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tom James Company.

Worked for Tom James Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tom James Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tom James Company CEO Sergio Casalena. All reviews posted anonymously by Tom James Company employees.