Tom James Company
www.tomjames.com Franklin, TN 1000 to 5000 Employees

Principal Centered Company

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

I have been working at Tom James Company

ProsAfter 3 years with TJ, I feel qualified to give honest feedback. When I started, I didn’t think that I would be with TJ for my whole career. I was just taking a job. I realized that this company is not an ordinary company - it is based on principals. I learned very quickly to either apply these principals or disregard them. I am thankful that I have chosen to apply the principals. As with any career, they will work very successfully if they are applied. I have been blessed because of my clients, my hard work and my support from accounting, our factories and my leadership. Since I have been with TJ, I have been able to buy a new house, a new car and travel all over, which has all happened during a very difficult economic time. All this has been accomplishable not because of me, but because of applying principals. I believe in the motto “you don’t build companies, you build people and people build companies.” I am thankful to be a part of this company.

ConsThis is a client building business. There is no question that my first year took a great deal of work. Much like a first year lawyer at a major law firm or a doctor in the first year of their practice, you must build a great foundation. This job will also have a tendency to cause your weaknesses to surface, which for me was beneficial - it helped me to realize what I needed to work on. Lastly, this is a client building business, so I did have to learn how to take client criticism properly. I now realize they weren't trying to criticize me, they were just trying to help me grow.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease continue to grow people by tying them to principals.

Tom James is an incredible place to build a career!

San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Tom James Company

Pros: I have been at Tom James for 6 years and it has been an incredible experience. What attracted me to Tom James was the… Cons: The cons of any sales job is you are your own worst enemy. I have a struggle of taking the pressure off myself. … Advice to Senior Management: I have a wonderful manager-keep up the great work! I… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

sales rep

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Tom James Company

Pros: make your own daily schedule; your clients, for the most… Cons: You have to get your own clients by cold-calling, approaching them on the street,… Advice to Senior Management: There should be a higher commission and paid vacation time. If the sales reps… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Tom James Company.

Worked for Tom James Company? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tom James Company reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tom James Company CEO Sergio Casalena. All reviews posted anonymously by Tom James Company employees.