There are newer employer reviews for Tom Thumb

Its a job...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Crestview, FL
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crestview, FL

I have been working at Tom Thumb

Pros

It is a flexible job, if you have children or school or any other things going on. I like that i can ask for time off that week and usually things can work out well.

Cons

Lots of drunks and rude customers. You get no breaks, people get favored by management a lot more then others with their scheduling and hours.

54 Other Employee Reviews for Tom Thumb (View Most Recent)

My experience leaves room for improvement to say the least.

Current Employee - Cashier  in  Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Tom Thumb

Pros

You get a weekly paycheck, Great health benefits, flexible schedule. Our customer base is an enjoyable part of our work atmosphere.

Cons

You are asked to do way too many tasks for the compensation you recieve. It is very hard to get promoted.

Make things equal for ALL employees. As a team, no one member should be asked to do more than others.

It's a good starter job for people looking to advance into nearly any type of field.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Fort Walton Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Walton Beach, FL

I have been working at Tom Thumb

Pros

Tom Thumb has good benefits, there maybe opportunities for advancement within the Kroger corporation, and there are always plenty of hours to go around.

Cons

Dealing with the public is stressful and requires a lot of dirty work; cleaning bathrooms, specifically. You have to be able to stand for at least 8 hours, and the pay is not very good. Overall, it is a difficult job that is often very unrewarding.

Managers need to be held more accountable for the functioning of their stores. Promotions should be given when they are deserved, rather than holding back very competent employees from advancement, mangers should be more willing to promote and move their employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Tom Thumb

Worked for Tom Thumb? Contribute to the Community!