Tomax

www.retail.net
There are newer employer reviews for Tomax

MicroManagement the Norm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Tomax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good downtown Location with access to public transportation. Also provided with off street parking.

Cons

Not given the tools needed to do the job properly
Outdated Product
No team building
Micromanagement
Poor pay

Provide your employees with the tools they need to do the job and allow them to do the job they were hired for.

46 Other Employee Reviews for Tomax (View Most Recent)

Good people, slow-moving company

Current Employee - Java Developer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Java Developer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Tomax full-time

Pros

Relaxed, good location, nice building

Cons

Very little training or communication between management and their teams.

Great place to get experience, then RUN!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Tomax full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great location downtown, good hard working people in the ranks, good place to get experience...whether you are fresh out of college or updating your skillset, Tomax is a good place to get a start in IT/Software.

Pretty good PTO policy

Culture was good, very open-minded, good-hearted people work at this company.

Cons

Turnover is a huge problem at Tomax. The pay is below average, even for Utah's market, so rather than attracting/retaining the best talent in the valley, it attracts people who are just competent enough to get through the interview process and do their jobs (AND accept low pay). This is obviously a generalization, there are many extremely smart and talented people within the company who are keeping it afloat, but as the economy continues to improve in SLC, I imagine many of them will get fed up and find a better situation at a different company.

The quality of the software leaves something to be desired.

Technology choices are poor, employees don't have the tools they need to be effective. There is a point where being smart fiscally devolves into being cheap, Tomax has passed that line by a mile. It is counter productive for a so called "cloud" company (ha).

Employees are over-worked, there was pressure to exceed 40 hours a week the entire time I worked there, comp-time was non-existent for those extra hours worked.

I did not realize how dysfunctional many of the processes were until I left the company for a new opportunity.

Start caring about YOUR PEOPLE. Find ways to attract, and more importantly RETAIN the best talent. Increase starting salaries, give better bonuses to the contributors. Be more innovative with technology choices. Find a way to leave a better taste in the mouth of former employees. Trust me word gets around in such a small market.

There are newer employer reviews for Tomax