There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama

Not a company to work for if you seek development

Former Employee - Floor Supervisor  in  Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Floor Supervisor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Tommy Bahama full-time for less than a year

Pros

Discount on clothes. Worked at THE GROVE in Los Angeles which was always busy. Always busy so time flew by.

Cons

Manager hid upstairs and people on sales staff felt entitled to not have to work hard because they have been working there for so many years.

Let your team change with the times. If your team is not performing you should either tell them they need to work harder or coach them out.

134 Other Employee Reviews for Tommy Bahama (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, but culture is changing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Relaxed, low key place to work. The demands aren't overwhelming and they treat their employees fairly well.

Cons

HR dept. is a mess, very cold and unhelpful. Culture has changed to be top heavy, a lot of outside hirings as "directors" and very few inside promotions.

Tommy Bahama Cafe

Former Employee - Server  in  Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Server in Orlando, FL

I worked at Tommy Bahama full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I first started, I really loved my job, the restaurant, the food and the atmosphere. There is opportunity to make great money during convention season but that's only half a year - you will need another job during the slow season. I had some great coworkers and enjoyed coming to work.

Cons

A manager was hired to "clean house" and they did. The bad part was that a lot of long-time employees were fired for stupid reasons; if you were on his good side, your job was safe. The cafe used to be very brand-oriented as a casual formal restaurant; service went downhill because new servers were hired that didn't care about their jobs and management looked the other way when trainers complained. It went from being a great server job to just average.

No reason to say anything -- tried to do it while employed and wasn't taken seriously. Why bother now?

There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama

Worked for Tommy Bahama? Contribute to the Community!