Tommy Bahama

www.tommybahama.com
  www.tommybahama.com
There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama

A brand whose culture & passion is driving positive change

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Guest experience is the number one priority. Empowered to go above & beyond for our Guest which is incredibly rare in retail. There is a palpable level of excitement from the current store managers & store teams surrounding the companies growth which brings new opportunities! Fresh ideas are a welcome change, it's nice to shake things up a bit & watch the company evolve.

Cons

With any major changes there can be bumps along the way. But this is another way Tommy Bahama stands out in that you can reach out and get a response almost immediately each time. What company do you know that you could pick up a phone & ask a director of a department a question about an issue you are experiencing in store?
I do wish we could pilot some of the major changes in the field a bit more to work out the kinks.

Continue to stay rooted in our rich brand history while innovating and inspiring our teams to make positive changes!

144 Other Employee Reviews for Tommy Bahama (View Most Recent)

All about checklists instead of guests

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time

Pros

Known brand. Free clothing item with each new delivery.

Cons

Recent changes while look so good on paper and sound so good in theory have resulted in MORE time away from floor and guests. Are we really sure the super positive reviews were written by actual team members vacuuming ceiling fans and changing light bulbs in their dresses on ladders or are they written by someone working Monday thru Friday at the office in Seattle with a professional janitorial service. We have ALWAYS been empowered to make our guests happy so nothing has changed other than the amount of time we must now count eight dollar lip balms every week and then maintain the tracker and then fill in the weekly lip balm counts. REALLY???

Be careful about what is being assigned and micromanaged. Brand management is important. Hiring part timers just looking for a few bucks isn't the way to build a luxury brand. All the new systems while impressive are really only operational and administrative. Luxury is about feel, passion and a penchant for relationship maintenance. Target and Kohls have a operational focus. Is this our aim?

Paradise!

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Amazing culture, with a clear vision and rich brand history that inspires not only its guests, but also its employees to make life one long weekend. Working at Tommy Bahama at the store level you are empowered to always do whats right for the guest and the needs of the business. The level of engagement and energy from the directors and upper management is nothing short of inspiring. The company is evolving and there are endless possibilities for those that are opened minded and ready to provide a world class experience!

Cons

There are some in the company that seem to be threatened by change and that are set in their ways, even if their way isn't whats best for the guest and vision of the company and believe that they are entitled due to their tenure with the company. Be open minded and be willing to collaborate with others that have, and can bring a fresh perspective on driving a world class experience.

Keep it up! The energy and passion is contagious and can be felt at the store level which in turn, translates to the guests. Store contests and social media generates a ton of excitement around a great brand to work for!

There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama