There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama

Fun, exciting

I worked at Tommy Bahama

Pros

Experience, personal growth, very flexible.

Cons

Can be slow at times.

reviews filtered by

Need more hours and less returns of stuff with no receipts

Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free uniform pieces and they dry clean it too! Some of it is pretty cool. I wear Hollister usually but for a work uniform our stuff is pretty cool. You will be a shining star if you are young, attractive and physically fit. I think I will be promoted pretty rapidly because I work really hard to keep fit. We had the new district managers visit and they were all younger type guys who work out. All the bosses in Seattle are guys too. Hope I can get promoted one of these days.

Cons

Less vacation than other places I have worked and NO holidays. Hours are reduced so it's hard to count on your paycheck. Don't understand why that happens when I am full time and counting on pay. Those are the reasons for one star. The returns are crazy, we take back gross used clothing and even things that we never even sold. It's so nasty. Sometimes we miss bonus because we are too nice about taking back returns and giving store credit to thieves and people who want to wear stuff and just return it when they are done.

Continue to promote younger people because we are the future. Do not cut hours of full time employees and we should get the holidays like the people in corporate offices.

Where did the core values go?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Tommy Bahama full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are still some people who remember where this company started and the value set or ideals that made up the brand foundation.

Cons

Major changes in this incredibly top heavy structure. They talk a good game but meanwhile the foundation of the brand is slowly crumbling as the Executive level watches & allows inept Directors make poor decisions made in the moment instead of based on what is best for the brand and the store teams. Making for poor morale in the stores and the home office. Sad, very sad as this was once a wonderful and genuine brand.

Quit turning a blind eye to what is happening to the company's core values. Time to stop talking the talk and go back to learning to walk the walk before it's too late. Don't let Tommy Bahama become Tommy & Fitch.

There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama