There are newer employer reviews for Tommy Bahama

Good experience, management easy going and nice.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Tommy Bahama

Pros

Quality clothes - customers love the clothes.
Beautiful working environment.
Easy going, nice management. Altho you are given a sales amount they want you to sell, there was no pressure from management to attain it.
Nice customers
Nice co-workers

Cons

Alot of tedious work - there is a constant stream of new clothes that arrive almost every week, so there is a tremendous amount of steaming and folding. And, of course, you have to keep the clothes on the racks and shelves neat and in order, so more folding and checking that the sizes are in the correct order.
After the store closes, you're the cleaning crew, sales associates have to vacuum the rug, clean the mirrors etc.

Advice to Management

Management and my co-workers were so focus on steaming and folding the new clothes that they didn't properly help customers. Management and my co-workers need to remember that the customer is most important, not the clothes.

reviews filtered by

Worst Timing, Product Quality on the down-slide.

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Tommy Bahama

Pros

The discount is great, but it needs to be great considering all employees are forced to wear their clothing (except anyone in a corporate position, for some odd reason, they are exept from this rule.

Good benefits (for now).

Cons

The Company timing for trending their clothing products is way off. We seem to always be JUST stocking up on items that are considered "old news" to the general public. Lately when "new" products arrive, the general consensus is a "Why bother?" attitude because we all recognize that once again the company has missed the boat on producing a trendy product and getting it to their stores on time for the trend.
    Also, since basically EVERYTHING is being produced in China now, the quality control is breaking down rapidly. Fabrics are thinner, cheaper, and poorly sewn together now. Given the choice, I would never purchase Tommy Bahama clothing if I did not work there and weren't forced to wear it every day. Tommy Bahama used to be considered high quality...no more!

Advice to Management

Tommy Bahama is quickly heading into the obscure retail realm where Liz Claiborne, Tommy Hilfiger, and Perry Ellis exist now. All were great labels until their names were sold off and the quality suffered from greed. Soon Tommy Bahama will be available at J.C. Penny. My advise is to get back to producing a high quality product that the employees can take pride in again.

2. its not paradise

Former Employee - Supervisor
    Former Employee - Supervisor

I worked at Tommy Bahama

Pros

Great product to sell
    Good pay rate and benefits
    Great employee discount

Cons

Store manager with bad communication skills
    Store manager (new) who was intimidated by cliques of established employees
    Micromanaging with lack of respect shown to employees
    Store manager stealing sales
    Origami merchandising
    Sexual innuendoes

Advice to Management

Please notice the discrepancy between the PARADISE values and the exact opposite - which is actually going on