Tommy Bahama
www.tommybahama.com Seattle, WA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Good experience, management easy going and nice.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsQuality clothes - customers love the clothes.
Beautiful working environment.
Easy going, nice management. Altho you are given a sales amount they want you to sell, there was no pressure from management to attain it.
Nice customers
Nice co-workers

ConsAlot of tedious work - there is a constant stream of new clothes that arrive almost every week, so there is a tremendous amount of steaming and folding. And, of course, you have to keep the clothes on the racks and shelves neat and in order, so more folding and checking that the sizes are in the correct order.
After the store closes, you're the cleaning crew, sales associates have to vacuum the rug, clean the mirrors etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement and my co-workers were so focus on steaming and folding the new clothes that they didn't properly help customers. Management and my co-workers need to remember that the customer is most important, not the clothes.

Worst Timing, Product Quality on the down-slide.

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Tommy Bahama

Pros: The discount is great, but it needs to be great considering all employees are forced to wear their clothing… Cons: The Company timing for trending their clothing products is way off. We seem to always be JUST stocking up on items that are considered "old… Advice to Senior Management: Tommy Bahama is quickly heading into the obscure retail realm where Liz Claiborne, Tommy Hilfiger, and Perry Ellis exist now. All were great labels until… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

its not paradise

Supervisor (Former Employee)

I worked at Tommy Bahama

Pros: Great product to sell Good pay rate and benefits Great employee discount Cons: Store manager with bad communication skills Store manager (new) who was intimidated by cliques of… Advice to Senior Management: Please notice the discrepancy between the PARADISE values and the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Tommy Bahama.

Worked for Tommy Bahama? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Tommy Bahama reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Tommy Bahama CEO Terry R. Pillow. All reviews posted anonymously by Tommy Bahama employees.