There are newer employer reviews for Toni & Guy

Best place to fine tune your hairdressing skills!

Former Employee - Art Director II in Colorado Springs, CO
Former Employee - Art Director II in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Toni & Guy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn a European style of doing hair! I loved all the training and mastering the art of hair cutting! Has a great reputation in the community for quality work.

Cons

Being departmentalized, low commission rates, being inside an inclosed shopping mall, demanding work schedule.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not worth it!

Former Employee - Chem Tech in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Chem Tech in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Toni & Guy full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I made a lot of money and it was very easy to get clients in the door. The education was awsome,

Cons

They expect you to work past hours past your shift as a colorist and you cannot leave even 5 min before your shift is over even if you have no clients. You are expected to go to many many meetings and classes on your time off without pay. They take advantage of you at every turn and have no qualms about firing you at a moments notice no matter how long you've been there or how much you have done or made for the company! They will eat you up and spit you out the second you disagree with anything.

Advice to Management

Don't treat your employees like children. Yes, 1/2 the staff is directly out of school, but senior staff does not need micro-managing. Lay off.

2. I enjoyed being behind the chair making my clients look and feel good about themselves! In return, it makes me happy!

Former Employee - Art Director in Bee Caves, TX
    Former Employee - Art Director in Bee Caves, TX

I worked at Toni & Guy

Pros

Education = Advancing your career... Meeting new people and having a relationship with their hair!!!

Cons

I was not taken care of... I was taken advantage of... Toni & Guy lost a great asset... ME!!!

Advice to Management

Clients pay high dollar for services so make sure there is hand soap and paper towels in the bathrooms!!!