Toni & Guy

www.toniguy.com

A company that like many others does not appreciate their employees.

Art Director III (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

Prosgreat FREE continued education. Being in a mall you are surrounded by all walks of life, so I will say that with the versatile clientele really prepares you for anything. It's a nice place to start out for the previous reasons.

ConsThis company has gone down hill thanks to corporate greed. They do not care about the employee individually. It makes no difference to the company to have 30 stylist/chem techs working on 100 clients a day, or if they have 100 stylist/chem techs working on 100 clients a day, because the company is still getting their cut of it all (which when i worked there was a 60/40 their advantage... this is of course after they take out the 5$ product fee. Lets say I charge 60$ for a women's haircut, subtract 5 dollars for product fee-$55 now let T&G take their 60% which would be 33$, and the stylist takes home 22$ Making it hard to make a decent living. It is more about quantity over quality, when it should in fact be the opposite. When I left the company in Jan 2010, I put in notice and tried to go about everything the right way. Unlike a lot of other staff that were planning to leave and take their clients with them. They still refused to give me my vacation pay, and whomever I spoke with about it (I can't remember who it was, but I think it was someone in payroll.) was extremely rude and made me feel like an idiot when I tried to do right for the company. I would only refer someone to this company, if they are just starting out and needing some expirience, and education.

All this being said, The company could have changed a lot since i've quit a few years ago. I don't know anyone who still works for them to have any insight.

Not worth it!

Chem Tech (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Toni & Guy full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: I made a lot of money and it was very… Cons: They expect you to work past hours past your shift as a colorist and you cannot leave even 5 min before your shift is over… Advice to Senior Management: Don't treat your employees like children. Yes, 1/2 the staff is directly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

I enjoyed being behind the chair making my clients look and feel good about themselves! In return, it makes me happy!

Art Director (Former Employee) Bee Caves, TX

I worked at Toni & Guy

Pros: Education = Advancing your career... Meeting new people and having… Cons: I was not taken care of... I was taken advantage… Advice to Senior Management: Clients pay high dollar for services so make sure there… More
There are newer reviews on Toni & Guy.

Worked for Toni & Guy? Contribute to the Community!