Top Guard Security

There are newer employer reviews for Top Guard Security

The Worst in my life

Current Employee - Security Officer
Current Employee - Security Officer

I have been working at Top Guard Security full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Its good work for dishonest people and if you have a medical emergancey expect to get fired asap

Cons

DISHONEST, Cheates on pay, Guards are slackers, can be fired for no valuble reason!!! did i say dishonest

get a clue and fire the people that screw up not the people that follow the orders of under educated leadership

16 Other Employee Reviews for Top Guard Security (View Most Recent)

Really great job

Current Employee - Security Officer in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Security Officer in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at Top Guard Security full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Solid pay, stable hours and reliable colleagues

Cons

A site I worked at once made it very difficult to be kind to my client...

Not much, keep doing what your doing!

Sign up for food stamps, if you're hired by this company. Guards told to fake security searches.

Former Employee - Security Guard in Newport News, VA
    Former Employee - Security Guard in Newport News, VA

I worked at Top Guard Security

Pros

Honestly, there aren't any "Pros" that come to mind, except maybe one, & that is... Some sites have really awesome people who work for the site you're guarding.

Cons

1st CON.. PAY: Check doesn't even last till the next check. Several co-workers are receiving government assistance, such as food stamps, as their family would starve otherwise! 2nd CON.. Management lies to your face, & tells guards to do things against protocol. 3rd CON.. Employees are not given notices of ANYTHING IMPORTANT! There is NO COMMUNICATION. EXAMPLE: If office is closed on payday, you will not be notified and therefore, you will have to wait to be paid.
     4th HUGE CON.. Guards have been told when doing a security sweep of vehicles entering armed site, you must be quick. To do so, just make it appear you're doing a thorough security sweep/search, just for show, as there are video cameras recording the entrance where the sweeps/checks are done. This "advice/order" came directly from the site security manager. He gives guards that advice/order if he thinks a guard isn't fast enough or if they're being too thorough in the searches! I wonder what the owner of that particular site would say if he knew the guards are basically told to do very slack, or outright fake vehicle searches. I only hope terrorists don't ever attempt to bring a bomb into this particular armed site cuz it'd definitely get thrthe fake gate security sweep's!

Where to begin?!? After having read the other reviews on here, besides the obvious fake 2-3 that were posted within days of each other, giving the company rave reviews (obvious lies).. You need to listen to what's being said & make BIG changes, that are overdue! Pay rates being a big one! Site managers are also a problem. For example: I watched my site manager throw away the personal belongings of a co-worker, who had accidentally left an item overnight, but was coming in to relieve me from my shift, not even 24 hrs after his shift ended, when the belongings were accidentally left. As soon as my co-worker asked our site manager about his now-missing belongings, our manager looked him in the eyes & straight up lied to my co-worker, saying he hadn't seen it.. Even tho it was he who had thrown the item away, in front of me! When the manager finally left, I told my co-worker exactly what had happened to his "missing" item, but since our site manager took out the trash, the item couldn't be retrieved.. (which was a thermal shirt guards NEED to wear at this particular site in the winter). My co-worker was pretty upset because his family are barely getting making ends meet. His wife is very sick, & cannot work.

THIS "ADVICE" section alone is proof enough to anybody considering this company for employment that they need to RUN, not walk but, RUUUUN away from Top Guard Security.

I wish companies, who are looking to hire a security company/contractor to protect their business, would also see the reviews on here & other sites, so they'd see just how AWFUL, HORRIBLE, DECEITFUL, SELFISH, & CHEAP this company is BEFORE considering them as the people I'd want to protect my business.. because I am certain they wouldn't hire Top Guard .. & I bet the companies who already have Top Guard as their security, would fire Top Guard & hire a better, honest company to keep their company/companies safe. I wouldn't let this place protect my dog, truth be told.

There are newer employer reviews for Top Guard Security